This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Snowball"


by Shel Silverstein

I made myself a snowball
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away,
But first it wet the bed. 

Christmas Eve was full of fun (as always) at Grandma and Grandpa Morgan's house.


Melia's cute cousin Miles made her a snowball with his new snowball maker he got! She immediately fell in love.  No, not with Miles, with the snowball.
 
 She thought it was so neat!



 Then she tried to take a little taste.
 She wasn't so sure.
 But then she decided she was still in love.  :)
 We had the opportunity to hear an amazing piano concert by the cousins!  Jacob taught himself a Christmas carol.  SO CUTE!  I think it was "The First Noel."  He did a great job!
 Melia enjoyed the concert from Grandpa's lap.
 All of the Purcell kids are fabulous at playing the piano; even little Brennan.
 Caylie did a wonderful job and Vienna liked it so much she decided to climb up on the bench while Caylie was playing just to get a better view.  Adorable!
 Colton did fabulous!  This kid amazes me all the time!
 And, of course, Taylor was incredible!  Hopefully next year Spencer can participate in the "concert" too as he is starting piano lessons this year!
 We enjoyed a delicious Christmas eve dinner!
 Then it was on to THE NATIVITY!  Melia played the cutest (although orneriest) Baby Jesus ever.  :) 
 And Vienna was a BEAUTIFUL angel...well...while it lasted. 
 KING MILES!
 Caylie was a beautiful Mother Mary.  (The only way "Baby Jesus" would participate was with her bottle.)
 One heck of a handsome shepherd!  :)
And a crazy lamb!  :)
 Kate was beautiful as the angel that appeared to the shepherds...or in our case the shepherd and his lamb...
 The shepherd definitely enjoyed seeing Baby Jesus--and Ian made a very serious Joseph.  :)
 "We three kings of Orient are..."
 They brought gold...
 frankincense...
and myrrh.  Great job to our crazy cast!
 Then last but certainly not least, Santa left his bag full of presents at the front door along with a LONG letter about the family.  Grandpa read the letter about everyone in the family and the happenings of the year.  Luckily Jacob was there to read over Grandpa's shoulder when he got too choked up at the end to finish... :)  It was pretty darn cute!

1 comment:

Jacquelyn & Brian Watson said...

Melia is so cute! Seriously I can't believe how big she is getting already!