This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

'Tis the Season

I have a lot of December pictures to upload.  So there will be a few posts.  This one is mostly just miscellaneous December/holiday pictures!

We set up the Christmas tree and Melia thought it was pretty neat.

The *N Sync song"Under My Tree" inspired me to take some pictures from under the Christmas tree.  :)
Spencer loves setting up the tree and putting the ornaments on.  I was working hard on helping him understand how the ornaments need to be spread out and not all clumped together.  He did pretty well.  But then Mike was tying strings on the plastic ball ornaments and removing the hooks so we could hang them lower on the tree (because we didn't want Melia to get anything that could hurt her or was fragile).  Spencer was hanging them up after Mike fixed them and apparently he missed the point on those.
 Here's a zoomed in picture so you can see them better.
These are random, but Spencer enjoyed looking at Chief with his magnifying glass.
Love this kid!
I think this is a cool picture!
On Black Friday Mike went out and bought a bunch of stuff and he also got each of us a pair of Mukluks.
Oh.my.gosh! This girl adores her brother!
My pride and joy!
Look how cute this girl is sleeping and snuggling with her favorite stuffed animals!  The one on the left is Scout, the adorable dog that she got from her Grandma and Grandpa M. for her birthday and the one on the right is the bunny from Spencer that she got her first Christmas.
Precious!
This is just one day after church.  She was pooped and fell asleep on the carpet drinking her bottle.
 Is this kid handsome or what?
 December 3rd was Melia's cousin Lydia's 1st birthday!  How cute is she?
Melia especially loved playing with Lydia's cousin's dog.



 My friend Sally and I took Melia to Gardner Village to see the elves.  It was super cute and fun!
How cute is that face?
We were lucky enough to have my cute nieces Becca and Hannah stay with us a couple of times over the holiday and one weekend, just Becca came.  She and Melia have a real bond and they're so cute together.  Becca is such a great "little mommy" and Melia adores her.

 She enjoyed Sunday dinner lasagna at my mom's house.  :)

 Melia loves her new cousin Ashley!
 :)
 My friend's little girl was over and happened to get the formula can out and opened it and put it on the floor.  Then she came and asked me where Chief was.  I went looking for him and found him, eating the whole can of formula.
 Dang dog!
Here's Melia playing with her cute little Chinese friend Kelly who lives across the street.
 We went to the ward Christmas party and invited Kelly and her family to come with us.  Kelly loved Santa. 

 Here's Spencer on Santa's lap.
 The ONLY way Melia would even get NEAR Santa was on Spencer's lap.  As long as she forgot Santa was back there, she was fine, but if she even glanced back at all she'd start screaming bloody murder!

The poor girl was TERRIFIED!
(And unfortunately Santa was a little less than thrilled...I would've been terrified of the man too!)

No comments: