We had a fabulous time at the Magic Kingdom. Although the weather looks a bit daunting in some of these pictures, it was absolutely perfect. It was warm enough for shorts and a tee shirt but overcast so we didn't get too hot and didn't even need sunscreen.
Spencer was excited to mail some postcards to his school class, his mom, his brother, and Melia from this old fashioned Mailbox located right inside the Magic Kingdom.
Mike was most looking forward to going to The Hall of Presidents. He was super bummed we missed the America movie in Epcot, so we had to humor him and go to The Hall of Presidents. I'll admit, it was pretty cool. Significantly cooler than I'd anticipated. Here are Mike and Spence with Colonial Mickey. :)
Spencer was pretty excited to see the difference between Cinderella's castle (in Florida) and Sleeping Beauty's castle (in California--which is what we're used to). I love them both.
We had a great view of the "Dream Along with Mickey" show in front of the castle.
It was a fun show and it had my favorite villain, Maleficent. :)Here are Mike and Spencer in the stalks. :)
There were so many neat shows going on while we were there. We of course loved the fireworks and the parades. But "The Magic, The Memories, and You" projection show on the castle was awesome. They project all these different changing colors on the castle and make it look so festive. They make it look drawn, and painted, and then Wonderlandesque and then it has vines growing up it and it's Rapunzel's tower and she is in the window and throws her hair down, etc. They also project images and video of people at the park that day on it. The images change so quick that part wasn't that cool, but just watching the castle change was awesome! I loved it. I found this picture online and it doesn't do it justice, but I thought it was pretty cool nonetheless. It was incredible to imagine how perfectly the projector would have to be set up to make it look like the colors were really part of the castle! At times the bricks moved and stuff. That was my favorite.
Here's a video of the show I found on YouTube. It's not the whole show, just highlights and some seem like they must be from different nights because they're the same part but a little different. It's just 2 1/2 minutes. It's super cool and even the video doesn't do it justice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGnrJ5C5f0
We of course loved the Electrical Parade. I haven't seen the EP since I was a child at Disneyland so it was super fun to see again. I love the music and everything.
Here's Spencer with the best seat in the house for the Electrical Parade. :)
I think my favorite part of the parade was seeing Pete's Dragon. I love Elliott! :)
I really just loved seeing the castle in all it's glory.
It was beautiful by day or by night!
Who doesn't love the happiest place on earth?! :)









1 comment:
Waaaay awesome pictures!!!!
Post a Comment