This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

"How Many Licks...?"

So I was looking at baby bedding on my favorite baby bedding website, www.babysupermall.com, and I thought this bedding was super cute.  It's totally out of our price range and I'm pretty sure Mike would have a heart attack if this is really how I decorated our little boy's room, but I love it.
At any rate, I wanted to see what Mike's reaction to it would be.  He was sortof sleeping next to me on the couch (surprise, surprise) but I thought he was semi-awake.  I said, "Mike, what about this one?"  He opens his eyes and looks at it and laughs, then says, "How many licks does it take to get to the center?"  I was like, "WHAT?!"  He says, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"  I was so confused.  He kept saying, "You know, in the commercial."  I was like, "What commercial?"  He said, "At the end of the commercial!"  I thought he was talking in his sleep and had lost his mind, but apparently he really knew what he was talking about.  :)  I guess this shows the generational gap between us.  I'd never seen this 1970's commercial before looking it up on YouTube today.  However, Spencer claims he's seen it before, so I don't know!
Lol.  I still wish I could afford the Tootsie Pop baby bedding!  :)

3 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

Sorry, Heath.
I'm your age and I totally knew the Tootsie Pop commercial.
Must mean you're just out of the loop. ;)

Jackman Family said...

Lol thats funny! I totally remember that commercial too!

Brittney and Scott said...

I remember that commercial too.