This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lil' Stinker

This little girl is such a silly little rascal!  She is into everything and LOVES to be funny.
What a stinker!
 We have this little doll rocking chair from when my sisters and I were young.  I think it passed down to every one of us.  Now Melia has it and no matter how many times I tell her it's for the dollies, she insists on sitting in it.  She really doesn't fit, it is sooo small, but she loves it and tries to rock in it.  She's such a silly goose.
 She is going going going all the time.  Sometimes it's hard to catch her and get clothes on her.  She's not one of those kids who hates wearing clothes--she's actually very girly and loves dresses and shoes, etc. but she's just so busy sometimes it's hard to get her to slow down long enough to get clothes on her!  Here she is in one of my favorite cloth diapers of hers.  Isn't it cute?!  I love cloth diapers.
Because she is going going going so much, she often gets hurt.  She's quite a little monkey and loves to climb on things, so she's easily bumped and bruised.  I find new bruises all over her body all the time!  She also doesn't pay enough attention to where she's going.  She trips A LOT.  Here she is in this cute China dress I brought home from China for one of my nieces.  I am glad Melia gets to wear it too.  (sigh) I miss China!  But while noticing her beauty in the dress, you can't miss the giant bruise on her head.
It is not only above her eye but also below.  This was probably her worst "owie" thus far.  She was playing at the playground in our neighbor's backyard at a ward party when she walked right in front of a swing that a kid was on.  He kicked her square in the face.  But she only cried for a minute and then was ready to keep playing.  She's a real trooper!
 Those bruises don't slow her down though!  :)
 This is a good pic of her bruise--and of the stupid onesie I got out of the package (brand new) and put on her only to find it had holes all the way across the front...
 And the back too!  Must be some sort of manufacturing error--it was the only one in the package with the problem though, thank goodness.  I need to send it back...
Anyway, because she seems to be always going, she also wears herself out pretty easily!  Here she is sleeping in the car with her baby doll and her glow worm, both of which she absolutely LOVES. 
She cannot go to bed at night without her glow worm (more lovingly called "Mummer") and my old Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal, ("Pooh Bear").  
 Sometimes after church she is so worn out from playing her little heart out in nursery she just falls asleep eating lunch in the high chair.  Pretty sweet.  This has actually happened more than once.
What a little angel.
 As I said before, though, she really is a monkey!  Almost every morning we snuggle in my bed for a few minutes before going about our day.  She ALWAYS has to climb up on my night stand and play with the lights.  She loves to do this!  She also for some reason thinks that the Kleenex box is her own special little chair, and always sits on it.  It's just a regular cardboard Kleenex box, but she loves to sit on it.  I wish I'd taken this picture from further back so you could really see what a climber she is to get up there!  Sometimes even in the middle of the day if I cannot find her, she's sure to be found standing on my night stand.  She gets up there all by herself!
 One day I was in the other room and I could hear her making a ruckus.  I went into the family room to see she'd climbed on the chair to the dining room table and then right up on the table and was playing with my decoration blocks.  She was having the time of her life.  I needed to study for biology and she was so content I just let her keep playing.  She seriously played for probably an hour.
But then she got more daring and climbed right up on the ledge between the family room and the kitchen.  The ledge is barely wider than her little feet.  She is a crazy kid!
 I got upset and made her get down, but not before I took pictures of her monkey skills!  LOOK AT HER, she's even squatting down playing with the blocks!  CRAZY GIRL!  She definitely keeps me busy!  Wish me luck when this baby gets here--I'm really going to have my hands full!

1 comment:

Perry's said...

She is beautiful. I understand about the bruises and marks from getting her. Sometimes I wonder if people think I beat my children. Miss you