We went to Bear Lake in June (one of our two trips there this summer) and we had a lot of fun. We went up with my sisters Stephanie and Kristy and their families. One of the first days we were there, the boys went up on the dirt trails and rode their motorcycles and Mike and Spencer took the 4 wheeler. They were having a lot fun until Matt crashed and broke his arm. Loren put Matt on his bike and they headed down the mountain to get Matt back to the condo so they could drive him to the hospital. In the mean time, Michael rode Matt's bike and Spencer took on Mike's bike. Spencer was so scared but put on a brave face. I was proud when I heard that he rode the bike successfully down the mountain a ways.
When Loren and Matt got back to the condo I could tell just by the look on Matt's face that something was wrong. When he took his arm out of his pocket I couldn't believe it. YUCK. Stephanie had me take this picture for her because she couldn't handle looking at it but wanted a picture.

Other than that little mishap (which ended up being a way bigger deal--Matt had to have surgery a few weeks later and had to have pins put in his arm, etc. and is STILL in a cast), the kids still had a lot of fun (even Matt)!
Melia loved the big slides.
I and REALLY loved the swings. I love the way she's looking at Aunt Kristy in this picture.
She REALLY loves the swings and always wants me to push her.
She loved having the cousins push her too. I think each kid took a turn. :) Here she is with Aubrey.
Here's Bron doing an underdoggy! After he did that everyone wanted a turn doing that too. Melia was in heaven and was laughing so hard!
Even Kali got a turn to try an underdoggy.
Here's Hailey's underdoggy.
But the best pusher was definitely Bron. Melia LOVED having Bron push her on the swing.
I just love this picture of Kali on the swing. So cute.
Stephanie and Mike and a bunch of the kids rode their bikes to La Beau's for shakes.
This was the best picture I could get of Spencer.
On the Saturday before Father's day, the girls (Melia and Kali) wore matching t-shirts for their dads. They looked so cute together. I just love Melia's smile in this picture.
And here she is admiring Kali's shirt. It says "Forever Daddy's Girl."
This picture just cracks me up. Both girls are just so dramatic and this picture captures two different sides of their drama. Melia is soooo happy and Kalia is obviously upset at something.
Speaking of being dramatic...here's Kali pouting on the lawn. I don't even remember what this was about, I think Loren told her no about something and so she just decided to pout. Hey, pouting is way better than tantrums. Can't wait for Melia's "terrible twos" either. :) Kalia is actually a really sweet girl and hardly ever threw fits or pouted, but when she does she sure is dramatic about it. I am sure Melia will be just as dramatic. She's already quite the drama queen.
Melia brought these dress up shoes outside and was so excited about it. I took some action shots of her running to show me the shoes. I just love the look on her face in all the pictures. She just consistently got more and more excited as she got closer to me, and was laughing so hard!
Oh my gosh, I love this face! I can just hear her yelling, "I runnin'! I runnin'!" She loves to say that and it's one of my favorite things she says. I just think it's so cute!
Running in the wind!
Here are Melia and Kali on the butterfly bench at Merlin's Diner. Aren't they such cute cousins. They both loved the pretty butterfly.
The tree they were sitting under was so pretty too I had to get a picture with it! I love this picture of the girls too. Melia seriously ADORES Kali and wants to be just like her. Here Kali was talking and Melia was very intently listening and hanging onto every word. :)
Kali shooting bubbles with the bubble gun.
Melia was INSISTENT that this cement ramp coming out from our bedroom was a slide. I kept telling her it was not a slide and that she was going ruin her pants, but she was determined to slide down it. Lol.
Finally I convinced Kali that it was not a slide and she started running down it instead.
Melia quickly picked up on the fun of running down the "slide."
I love this little face.
I don't remember who laid down on the wet grass first--I think one of them actually tripped, but the other one decided that seemed like a good idea so followed suit. These girls are just so darn cute together I can hardly stand it!
Cute Kali playing on the playground.
And cute Melia too.
This girl LOVES slides!
The girls had fun playing with the sand at the little "store window" on the playground.
I seriously just love watching them play together.
They also had fun on the merry-go-round.
And I thought it was pretty amusing to watch Kali and Stephanie try to do "spider" together. :)
The lake was up higher than I've seen it in YEARS--probably more than a decade. It was nice to have it so high but unfortunately it came right up to the swampy marshlands and there was almost no beach. We found about a 5 foot square of nice beach that we were able to play on.
Melia still loved the water, even with all the nasty weeds!
She LOVES to play in the sand.
She especially loved playing with Matt. Here's poor Matt, with is broken arm, laying on the beach.
Melia loved to fill the bucket with water and sand and then dump it out.
Melia loved the zebra buck and sifter I brought for her.
Here's Mike digging a hole. Nice shot eh? Haha!
And Kali playing in the sand.
Cute sandy little bum!
I don't know how she managed to get all this sand on her face. :)
Of course it wouldn't be a real trip to Bear Lake with out some rock-skipping by my champion rock-skippers, Mike and Spencer.
Bronson didn't want to get his whole body wet but was dared to put his head underwater so here he is accomplishing his task. :)
And here are all the boys playing in the water--even Matt.
Melia also really enjoyed making new friends at the kiddy pool. She loved playing with these "older girls." :)
But I really think my favorite thing about the trip was how much fun Melia and Kali had together!
We love Bear Lake!

































No comments:
Post a Comment