My sister Kristy and I decided to take our girls to the Davis County Fair last week. It was hot but we had a good time. We made it there just in time to participate in the Davis Hospital Baby Show! Kristy's baby, Ashley, won FIRST PLACE in her age group (6-12 months). Although there weren't many other contestants in her age group, Ashley would've been a shoo-in no matter how many kids there were. With her bright red hair, hazel eyes, and long eyelashes, she is a serious beauty. And then there's that SMILE! Seriously, you should see this kid! On top of that Kristy had her in this hot green seersucker dress that just enhanced her hair so much. She looked so dang cute.
Here is Ashley at the fair with her blue ribbon.
But that picture just doesn't do her justice so I had to add another with her adorable smile!
Melia took SECOND PLACE in her age division (12-24 months). I was actually really nervous when I went up on stage. I was expecting there to be only a couple of kids in her group but when I saw all those people I thought maybe I shouldn't do it anymore! I am glad we did it though. Melia won a $25 gift card to Target! (Ash won $50!) It's also nice to have confirmation that my kid really IS as cute a I think she is! :) It's not just a mom's bias, she really is THAT CUTE! :)
They were actually going to have the age group be from 1-3 years but there were SO many girls participating they ended up splitting it at the last minute! Here are a bunch of us on stage. We just went up there, sat there for a couple minutes, and then they announced the winners. This picture doesn't even show all the contestants. I think there were 15+, so 2nd place isn't bad at all! :) At one point they turned on some music and Melia started twirling around. It was pretty cute. All they had to go on was sheer looks and then any bit of personality or cute smiles or whatever they could see in the whole 3 minutes we were up there! I think this picture is in the process of a twirl. :) When Melia twirls she says, "Wound, wound!" For "Around and round!" The judges of course couldn't hear her, but I still think it's cute when she says it!

It's too bad NONE of them are smiling here, but these are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Melia was 2nd, the little girl in the red, white and blue got 3rd, and the the little girl on the right with the pink bow got 1st.
But then when I see pictures like this, I think "How did she not get first?!" :) Just kidding. But look at that face! Ooh I love that smile! My sister Stephanie made the dress Melia is wearing. Isn't it adorable?! She's super talented. I wish I knew how to sew.
Here we are waiting in line to ride the ponies. Melia's favorite part was climbing on the fence. She is such a monkey!
She was really excited to ride the ponies...until she actually got on one. Then she got super nervous and was slightly freaking out.
But once I pointed out that her cousin Aubrey was on the horsie right in front of her, she got all excited. She was shouting, "Auby wide hosey!" And then was happy the rest of the ride. :) Melia got the tiniest little pony. It was so cute.
Melia also liked seeing the animals at the petting zoo, but was a little apprehensive too.
She LOVED the baby Zebra. I'd say zebras are probably her favorite animal, although it's a toss up with a lot of other animals too.
Speaking of which, the other day we were outside and the neighbor cat was out there. I pointed it out and told Melia to look at the cat. The cat is gray with black stripes. Melia was looking at it for a minute and then got all excited and yelled, "ZEBA!" It made me laugh that the stripes made her think it was a zebra. I said, "No, that is a cat!" And she replied, "ZEBA!" I finally said, "Yes, it does look a lot like a zebra, but it's a cat!" And then Melia said, "ZEBA CAT! ZEBA CAT!" :)
She also loved seeing the lamb at the zoo. My mom had just given her a tiny little stuffed lamb that she got in Wales (or somewhere over there in Europe) and so Melia was really excited to see a real lamby.
She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about the donkey because it was so much bigger than the other animals.
And then when it started following her, she REALLY wasn't sure. :)
She ended up having a lot of fun though!
Thanks Kristy, for a great outing!






1 comment:
Sure, it is SO nice of me to invite my preggers sister to come out with me in 100 degree heat! But it was all worth it! (first time I've ever been paid to go to the county fair!)
Post a Comment