This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Hogle Zoo

My friend Megan and I took Melia to the zoo a couple of weeks ago.  We had a lot of fun in spite of the crazy rainstorm in the middle of our trip, but it cleared up and was a beautiful day.

Melia enjoyed the fun hats.  MONKEY
 TIGER
 Melia thought the peacock was pretty cool.  It was quite amazing to see the peacock with all it's feathers out.

 It was fun to see the baby elephant too.
 Here are Melia and I riding on the trunk of the big water shooting elephant.  Unfortunately the picture does not show what we're sitting on, so it's a little random, but we can pretend you can see the elephant in the picture.  :)
 But Melia's favorite part was probably the giraffes.  She LOVES giraffes.  She even wore her giraffe outfit for them!  :)
 It was pretty neat to get so close to the giraffes.  They're probably one of my favorite animals too.
 By the time the rain hit Melia was completely pooped.  We went into the store and Melia fell asleep almost immediately!  Good time for rain.
 After the rain passed and Melia finally woke up, we got to ride on the train.  Melia loves trains, so that was fun.
 She also enjoyed playing at the playground.
 Here's my cute little goose in her egg.  :)


No comments: