This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"It's What Fun Is!"

A few weeks ago I took Melia to Lagoon.  My Dad's company has a Lagoon Day every year and our whole family always goes.  We calling our "family Lagoon day."  :)  

Well let me give you a little preface to the day.  I slept over the night before at my parents house and we didn't get to bed til around 1 AM because we'd been traveling home from Bear Lake.  It was a pretty miserable night's rest as my 8 months pregnant body is just too big for the twin bed I was sleeping in (especially along with the 4 pillows I need surrounding me), and I had to share a room with Melia too which always makes for a restless night.  At 6:30 I woke up with my "chest pains" that I've been having a few times lately with this pregnancy and which feel very similar to how I'd imagine a heart attack--EXTREMELY painful.  I went upstairs, ate a bit, rested, and it finally passed.  I went back to bed around 7:30 and by 8:15 Melia was awake.  When I got her out of the crib I discovered she'd had a total blow out which I had to clean up and change.  YUCK.  After changing her diaper and playing for a couple minutes, Melia starts coughing and vomits all over the playroom.  After cleaning that up I took her upstairs only to discover Chief had had diarrhea all over my parents' kitchen.  Wow...it was only 9 AM!  By 10:00 Mike called me to tell me our basement had flooded because apparently the water heater had broken.  WHAT A DAY! 

I wasn't going to take Melia to Lagoon (given her vomiting that morning) but after an hour or so she was acting completely normal.  I fed her a regular breakfast and she did fine.  I assumed the vomiting had just been a result of the little coughing fit she had, so I decided to take her to Lagoon.

As I was pushing the stroller through the parking lot to the front gates, I was already regretting this decision.  Who in their right mind goes to Lagoon when 8 months pregnant?!  When Melia and I got into the park, it was just the two of us together.  I put Melia on Bulgy the Whale first. 
She was sortof excited when I first put her on there but as I walked away and it started moving, she was a little nervous.
She was even more apprehensive as it kept going.  I told her to smile and this was her attempt.
After a slight meltdown on Bulgy, I decided Melia would probably like it more if we went on something we could ride together.  The height restrictions have changed for the Ladybug Bop and Dino Drop so Melia was too short.  And the Tiki boat thing was closed, so the only other thing in kiddie land that we could ride together was the Jumping Dragon.  For those of you who are not familiar with Lagoon in recent years, it is a ride much like Music Express.  For those of you not familiar with Lagoon at all, Jumping Dragon is a ride that goes in a circle.  It goes up and down faster and faster as you sortof fly to the sides.  (Like playing "Marshmallow" in the car with a buncha teenagers, but going on a constant turn.)

Anyway, after starting to move Melia started saying, "Mommy?  Mommy?!  MOMMY?!  MOMMY?!"  She was a little unsure about this!  I was holding her hand and telling her it was okay and she kept saying, "Mommy, down.  Mommy, DOWN!"  She wanted to get down.  As the ride kept going faster and faster and I began getting more and more nauseous, I could not stop laughing.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?!  Melia was terrified and I felt so sick.  I was 8 months pregnant for heaven's sake!  It finally started slowing down and I was excited to get off.  THEN, it started up again.  But this time, BACKWARDS!  I thought I was going to die!  Yeah, it wasn't such a success.

After that fun, we met up with Stephanie, Loren and Kali.  Melia was excited to meet up with them.  Kali was so cute holding Melia's hand as she led her to the next ride. 
How cute are these little cousins?!
The first ride we went to together was the cars.  I thought Melia would love it, especially with Kali, but she didn't like the idea of being without mom. 

Poor Kali.  The ride probably would've been more fun by herself!
Then to the boats.  The slowest moving ride at Lagoon.  And...she still cried!  POOR KALI!
Melia DID, however, like the train!  (And how cute is Kali's smile in the background?)
 After a few rides with Steph and Loren and Kali, I decided maybe Melia was so ornery because she was hungry.  It was about 2:30 or 3:00 and she hadn't had lunch.  So we walked to the other side of the park to Subway.  We had to wait in line FOREVER and she was SCREAMING her head off the entire time in the stroller.  When I finally got to the counter and began to order, she hushed up.  I looked at her, and she was SOUND ASLEEP.  Ugh.  I was only getting the food for HER SAKE!  She slept for a LONG time and I just sat with her at a picnic table and ate most of her sandwich.  :)  

I was pretty sore and tired but kept going as long as I could.  We met up with Kristy and her girls but Melia was STILL asleep.  I was going to ride on OdySea with Kristy and some of her girls and have Hailey watch MeliaMelia wakes up right before we're going to ride on the ride and she is SCREAMING.  I thought Melia would at least enjoy the ride--the wind blowing her face, and maybe getting sprayed with a little water (she was probably over heating).  So I took her on it with me despite her screaming.  Well...she just screamed louder.  But I enjoyed the ride anyway.

Finally we went to dinner and Melia was in a relatively good mood there.  Then Ryan and I took Melia on the Log Flume.  I didn't think there was any way she'd enjoy THAT (given the way the rest of the day went) and I wasn't entirely wrong, but she liked it more than any of the other rides (except the train of course).  She especially liked it when I would splash her a little with the water.  We were tempted to take her on it again, but thought that'd be pushing our luck, so we just went home.

(sigh) OH WELL!  It was still a fun day in spite of it starting off so bad and in spite of most of the rides being hated by Melia.  :) 

No comments: