This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Blessed"

by Elton John

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that
You'll be blessed

Two weeks ago, on Evera's 2 month birthday: Sunday, November 6, 2011, Mike had the opportunity to give Evera a name and a blessing.  Bishop Croshaw, both of Evera's Grandpas, Uncle Justin, Uncle Loren, Uncle Ben, and "Uncle" Jett were all able to participate in the blessing.  Evera screamed his head off through the entire blessing, and unfortunately the cute deacon holding the microphone held it far closer to Evera's mouth than to Mike's; so not much of the blessing was heard too well by the congregation, but Mike did a fabulous job staying calm and carrying on, nonetheless, and it was a beautiful blessing.

So many people have approached me since the blessing to tell me what a great job they thought Mike did and how astonished they were at how he was able to stay composed and calm during the blessing while Evera cried.  I was so proud of Mike for staying in tune with the spirit in a difficult situation.  I am so blessed to have a husband who has been worthy to bless both of our sweet kids in the church.  

I had given Evera's binkie to Mike before he went up to bless him so that if Evera did cry, they could quickly pacify him; but obviously that didn't work.  It turns out that Mike had the pacifier handle/ring thing around his finger and it was sortof digging into Evera's head.  Halfway through the blessing Mike realized that, and moved his finger away from Evera's head.  (lol)  Evera quickly quieted down for about 10 seconds, but then began wailing once again.  

After the blessing as the men all backed away and Mike held Evera up for the congregation to see, Evera quickly went completely silent and happy.  I don't know if it was the silence, Evera's cute face and abundance of hair, or a combination of both that did it, but the entire congregation immediately busted up into a roar of laughter.  :)  I was so shocked by the laughter that I began asking, "What's everyone laughing at?!"  To me, he's not funny, he just my little Evera.  I guess I'm just so used to that shock of dark fluffy hair that I don't realize how rare and cute it is!  But in all honesty...I really don't think the kid could possibly get any cuter!
I borrowed Evera's blessing outfit from my friend Missy whose son Colton is a little less than a year older than Evera.  It was SO PERFECT.  Blessing outfits are so dang expensive and I didn't like most of the ones I found anyway, but this little outfit is exactly what I'd dreamed of.  The little tuxes are cute but I just think this sweater outfit couldn't be beat!  I think he looks soooo precious!  And how angelic is he in this picture?!  SOOO SWEET!
When Melia saw me taking pictures of Evera on the couch, she had to get in on the action!  She loves posing for pictures with that little guy! 
Isn't her dress beautiful?  The bottom is filled with fall leaves.  I thought it was perfect for the blessing, being all cream colored and fall festive.  It's a hand me down from Kristy.  One of her girls wore it as a flower girl at one of their aunt's weddings.  Anyway, I love it!  And the necklace Melia is wearing was mine as a child (although I was definitely older than Melia when I had it), but she loves it!
I love our family!  :)  Do I have the cutest kids in the world, or what?!  Not to mention my hottie husband!  :)
 
And this girl...I mean LOOK at that face!
I wish I had a close up picture of Spencer from that day.  He looked super handsome.

And speaking of handsome, I don't think a baby can get any more handsome.  I mean look at that face!  He is perfect!  Can you believe he is only 2 months old?!  I think he looks so much older. 
(Sigh) I love my little man, and am so grateful to be his mommy! 

1 comment:

Shantaye said...

I'm sorry we missed it :( but hopefully we will be seeing you guys soon! Your kids are so adorable...I'm very jealous of Everas hair!