Happy Halloween!
We had a great Halloween season! Melia LOVED all the festivities.
Melia dressed up in multiple costumes this year. I'm sure you remember the ladybug costume from my last post. For trick-or-treating, Melia was a pumpkin fairy. I thought it was so dang cute. Spencer was a mad scientist. I thought he looked great. The other two kids are Cameron as the scream, and Zac as a ranger...from some book or something...maybe The Ranger's Apprentice. Evera was a football. :)
We trick-or-treated together for a few houses and it was fun. Melia was excited and really enjoyed it. Zac was taking a little long because he'd take off his cloak and hide it in the grass, trick-or-treat with us, then go put the cloak back on and trick-or-treat with the cloak on by himself...AT EVERY HOUSE. But with Melia's little legs, he didn't hold up too much. After 5 houses or so though, the boys decided to go on their own.
Mike, Melia, Evera and I continued on throughout the neighborhood. We didn't even get to give out candy to ANY trick-or-treaters because we were out trick-or-treating all night. It took a while with Melia's little legs leading the way. But it was nice to go to the townhomes because they're so close together. Our last stop was my friend Dawnita's house and we ended up just hanging out there til bedtime.
Before Halloween, we enjoyed a lot of other Halloween festivities throughout the month. Melia loved how the house was decorated. I think she especially loved her perfect-sized pumpkin "stool" that she could stand on to reach the doorbell. She LOVES to ring the doorbell. My friend Megan taught her how to "go ding dong" and Melia has now been obsessed with it for the last 6 months or so.
Meet Abby Cadabby--a 3 year-old fairy-in-training living on Sesame Street. She's pretty cute huh?! Well with Melia's crazy piggy tails she has sometimes and her cute little button nose, I knew she needed to be Abby Cadabby for Halloween this year.
Melia loved her costume! She especially loved wearing makeup and having her hair painted. :)
One of our favorite festivities of the season, was the city's Halloween party. There were a bunch of free game booths and free popcorn and cotton candy. Melia loved seeing all the people dressed up in their costumes. Melia and Evera and Spencer dressed up too.
I thought Spencer made the cutest mad scientist ever!
And Evera was definitely the cutest football!
Melia's favorite part of her costume was her "twinkle think." It's actually her wand, but she calls it her "twinkle think." "Twinkle think" is a phrase Abby Cadabby often uses, which in Abby's Flying Fairy School, means using logic and reason to think out loud and solve problems. Anyway, my mom made the adorable wand for Melia and she absolutely loves it.
All these pictures are at the city Halloween party. Melia LOVED it. Spencer had a pretty good time too, and Evera was just happy as a clam bundled up so warm in his football costume.
It was a little chilly and Spencer got too cold to want to stay after a while. We decided to go and Melia was SOOO upset. She did NOT want to leave.
Look at those eyes!
All day I'd been telling Melia we were going to go to a Halloween party! Melia was very excited but kept saying we were going to a birthday party. She couldn't really grasp the idea that there could be a party without a birthday. :)
Finally as we were walking back to the car she was screaming and reaching back for the party. She started crying "Go to Pumpkin's Birthday! Go to Pumpkin's Birthday!" Lol!
We also had a lot of fun at our ward's Halloween party. We were bummed Spencer couldn't come with us though.
Here's Melia running down the hall from one station to another. This year we didn't have a trunk-or-treat but instead had a carnival. It was pretty fun!
Here's Melia playing with her cute friend Jane. I love these two cute girls together!
Believe it or not, tiny Jane is only one month younger than Melia. Jane was a preemie born at just one pound though so that explains their size difference. Melia is pretty tiny for her age, so Jane is REALLY tiny.
Mike dressed up as a football player (in a jersey with eyeblack under his eyes) and carried Evera as a football. I decided I better dress up too! So with Melia as Abby Cadabby, I decided the only logical thing to be was Elmo! :)
Yes, I know I look ridiculous, but it was fun to dress up for Melia! When my friend Tiffany's husband Paul saw me he he would NOT stop laughing. Like COULD NOT STOP. But the embarrassment was worth it to make Melia happy. :)
My costume was actually a toddler Elmo costume. It was a hood attached to a sortof vest-like top that was all fuzzy too. It had no zipper though, it was a pull-on. As I obviously could not fit in the vest (my head wouldn't even fit through the hood opening through the vest), I was originally going to cut the hood off and just wear that. But the costume was so cute I decided the kids would love it later so I decided to wear the sweater going down my back and just put a jacket over it so no one could see it. :) It worked out fine.
Here I am with my cute friend (and Relief Society president) Linda as Spongebob Squarepants.
Melia had lots of fun at all the game stations, but her favorite part of the night was just playing on the stage with her friends. Here she is playing with Brinley. I love how they're laughing so hard.
She also loved FLYING like Abby Cadabby.
After the party we went to visit Mike's parents to show off Melia's costume. Here Melia is playing with the phone with Grandpa.
And here she is playing with Grandma. It was so funny she was just sitting on Grandma's lap playing and then Melia reached up and touched her hair. She was shocked at how stiff and gross it felt and she pulled the funniest face. I had to take a picture of it. :)
I love my cuties!
And they sure love eachother!
Melia also dressed up in her costume to go to family dinner, the Sunday before Halloween. After all those festivities, she was pooped and fell sound asleep in the car on our way home. I thought it was pretty funny how she had her legs spread way out with one foot on the door and the other on Evera's carseat as she slept!
On Halloween morning, Melia and I got up early to go to Spencer's school Halloween parade. He was SO excited when he saw us and started shouting, "That's my little sister! That's my little sister!" He was so proud to show off his cute little sister as Abby Cadabby!
Here he is walking past Melia making sure she knew who he was. :)
As we walked back to the car I loved how Melia's shadow looked in her costume. I thought it was so cute.
Here she is running to the car.
And falling down, like she often does. :)

After each time Melia dressed as Abby Cadabby, we had to take a long bath to get the color out of her hair. Melia thought it was pretty crazy-cool to see the bath water turn hot pinkish purple from the hair color! :)
We sure had a fun Halloween season this year!

















4 comments:
Oh my gosh, her hair looked so awesome! What a fun costume!
Your kids are THE cutest...all 3 of them! Seriously, so cute. I also am in love with Melia's Abby Cadabby costume. So adorable. Jayne loves Abby too. What a great idea. And is your little Melia every not smiling? She is the happiest kid I have ever seen! We should get together sometime. I think our girls would get a kick out of each other. Hope you are doing well!
I love that pumpkin fairy costume, Melia looked so adorable in it! You guys had an eventful halloween! We definitely need to get together soon and let these kids wear each other out!
I LOVE the pumpkin costume, but Abby is really cute too . . . yucky bath water. Nice Elmo outfit. It looked like a fun Halloween!!
Post a Comment