by P!NK
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
Do you ever feel that way? I have DEFINITELY felt that way and in fact have felt that way for the last couple weeks. I think I am snapping out of it slowly but surely though.
It's been a tough few weeks with the chaos of painting the house and then the ward splitting and then being super sick. I had a really nasty painful cough that tuned into laryngitis which I am still getting over. Evera had the croup really bad and one night in particular it got especially scary, to the point that I had to bundle him up and sit on the front porch with him at 3AM so he could breathe. I also turned the shower on as hot as could be and sat in the steamy bathroom with him for a while too. It's really scary when your tiny little 5 month old cannot breathe and is just wheezing and coughing this loud barking cough. Melia has also been sick with a bad cough. She had a fever for 4 days last week and was also vomiting. It's been really stressful.
At any rate this post was actually not supposed to be about me. It's about Melia and I I just thought this song would be funny to go along with it.
Melia is getting into that "TERRIBLE TWOS" stage which can be not all that fun at times. Sometimes she is such a sweetheart and a joy to be around. She is getting sweeter and sweeter, consciously give me loves and thanking me for things and she tells me that she loves me without any prompting. I love that. But she is also getting whinier and whinier. This morning was a particularly whiny morning--quite possibly the most whiny morning EVER! She was sooooo ornery and whining about EVERYTHING. I asked her if she wanted to snuggle with me in my bed. I climbed into my bed and she climbed up, throwing a fit.
She was saying, "I DON'T WANT TO NUGGLE YOU! I DON'T WANT TO NUGGLE YOU!" After a while she calmed down and started saying, "I want to go eat Fwoot Woops! I want to eat Fwoot Woops!" I hadn't responded yet because she was whining too much about wanting Fruit Loops. She was standing up on the bed being bossy and holding onto the headboard bars as she told me she wanted "Fwoot Woops" over and over. All the sudden she started throwing a HUGE TANTRUM stomping her feet and crying while yelling, "I DON'T want Fwoot Woops! No I DON'T want Fwoot Woops!" This tantrum proceeded for a while with her yelling at...herself??! I have to admit, it was pretty funny. The poor kid is in such a "Terrible Two's Tantrum Stage" that she was even arguing with herself and throwing a tantrum! "I want FWOOT WOOPS!!!" "NO! I DON'T want FWOOT WOOPS!" Apparently at times even she can be her "own worst enemy"! :)
The poor kid continued to be ornery for most of the morning. Around 10:30 I was blow drying my hair and Melia was asking, "Mommy, where we going? Where we going, Mommy?" I kept telling her we weren't going anywhere and she just kept asking. Finally I excitedly said, "We are going to...STAY HOME!!!" Well this did not please her and she started throwing (ANOTHER) tantrum, whining and crying. I asked her, "Melia, where do YOU want to go?!" She quieted down after a while and really thought about my question. After a little pondering, she very insistently replied, "I want to go to BED!" OH THAT POOR SWEET GIRL! I told her that was fine and she ran to her room, I tucked her in and she went right to sleep. She didn't wake up for 3.5 hours! She is a growing girl!
This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment