This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lagoon 2012

We went to Lagoon twice this July.  Once with my family for my dad's company's Lagoon day.  And once with our bouncebacks from that day, with Missy and Brinley.

Here's Evera on his first amusement park ride--Bulgy the Whale.  I love this picture.  This was taken BEFORE he realized how terrifying amusement park rides are.  :)
 
 He still hasn't realized the extent of the terror...but you can see his face slightly changing from joy, to suspicion.  "Mom...why am I moving away from you?"
 And then the terror set in..."WHOA!!  WHERE ARE WE GOING?!?"
And then the terror reaches its peak as he clutches on to Melia's hair for dear life! 
 I have a bunch of really short, about inch long, hairs at the base of my head on my left side.  They really bother me, especially when I put my hair up in a ponytail or knot.  I couldn't figure out what they were from but then realized they're from Evera.  Whenever he is nervous or scared or even just really clingy, he hangs on as tight as he can to my hair at the base of my neck.  99% of the time I hold him on my left side, so that's where he grabs my hair.

Here are my cuties on the tug boats.
 And Ashley on the tug boats.  She didn't like any of the rides much at all and her "comfort" for this ride was chewing on the seat belt.  :)
 Evera and Ashley were tuckered out from the sheer horror of amusement park rides.  :)
 While Ev napped, Melia played in the fountain.

 She had so much fun!
Other than the Bumper Cars, the fountains were probably Melia's favorite part of the day.  The Bumper Cars were BY FAR her favorite ride, but it was too dark to get any good pictures.
 Here she is riding Dumbo!
 Melia and Kali rode in one of the Skyfighter planes together, so I put Evera in the back of a plane with this little girl.  She was so sweet and was uber concerned for Evera.  She kept turning around to try to comfort him and help him have a happy ride.  :)
 I decided to be a fun mom and ride on the Dragonfly swings with Melia--even though pretty much only kids go on it.  :)
 "Mama, please don't make me go on any more rides!"
 Here he is snugglin' into Daddy on the OdySea.
Melia wasn't thrilled about riding the OdySea either.  She loves water but only wants to get wet on HER terms!
 Evera's favorite part of the day was the food!  :)
 Evera screamed when I first put him in the cars.
But when he came around the final bend he was having a grand old time!
He loved turning the steering wheel.  And look at Melia's face.  She loved riding with Evera when he was actually enjoying a ride!
 He was still a little nervous though.  :)
 Because they enjoyed it so much, I had to let them go again.
 My sister has a picture like this on this same ride of some of her kids together.  I absolutely love it and had to attempt it with my kiddos.  I love how Ev's little BYU hat is just barely sticking over the back of the car.  :)
 I love this one of them coming through the covered bridge.
 The second time we went to Lagoon we not only went with Missy and Brinley, but also took Becca and Spencer because Spencer wanted to bounceback and Becca didn't get to go when the family went.  Here are Becca, Melia, and Spencer on the Dragonfly.
 Melia had been waiting in line for the cars with Brin but then Brin needed to go potty.  Melia waited the rest of the line and Brin wasn't back yet.  I gave Melia the option of waiting for Brin or just going on the ride.  She chose to wait but after waiting for a while, said she wanted to go.  So I let her go and when she got to the car she started FREAKING OUT saying she wanted to wait for Brin.  So I brought her back in line.  Then she again decided she wanted to go.  And once again started freaking out.  She changes her mind like this back and forth ALL THE TIME.  I was not about to keep playing that game so I just made her go and told her she could go again with Brin when she got back.  She was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.
 Here are the girls on Moonraker.
We also took the girls on a lot of other rides, including the Terror Ride.  That was quite an adventure.  Melia was already in a bad mood and was not enjoying any rides that did more than move in a slow straight line.  She was slightly terrified, but then I told her we had to kill the monsters.  We made our hands into guns and made a little "pew pew" noise pointing at the monsters and scary things.  Melia quickly cheered up and enjoyed "shooting" the monsters.  She is OBSESSED with killing monsters and evil witches, so I knew she'd like that.  :)

Here are the two BFF's on the train.  I love these two girls.  They have so much fun together and I love hanging out with Missy.  I cannot wait 'til Evera is old enough to really play with Colton.  Then we'll all have a friend!  :)

1 comment:

Rebecah Ogden said...

holy crap evra is so big! for some reason I was still expecting a little baby.