This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Infertility and a 5k

I cannot believe how many close friends of mine I have who have faced or are now facing problems with serious infertility.  At least 5 of my ten closest {married} friends are facing such struggles.  I have a few who are still in the depths of infertility's sorrow, others who have found success by the means of IUI or IVF, and others who have found God's graces in adoption.  My husband and I tried to get pregnant for a year before seeking outside medical help and testing.  The day before I found out I was pregnant, I received my adoption package and information in the mail.  The day after finding out I was pregnant, I received a letter from the doctor stating that it was "highly unlikely" that we would ever be able to conceive on our own without medical intervention.  Knowing the pain I had already felt struggling with trying to get pregnant, I can only imagine the sorrow I would've felt upon receiving that letter had I not already been pregnant at the time.

Some of my friends are just starting out on the rocky road of infertility and others have been forging the rough terrain for over a decade now without children of their own.  I know in my heart of hearts though, that each one of these wonderful friends will make fabulous mothers someday whether it be through medical intervention or adoption.  I know they are meant to be mothers and will love and cherish their children only more because of these struggles.  My heart goes out to them.

This month Footsteps for Fertility is holding a 5k in Draper.  Each participant or "sleeper" will have the opportunity to enter a ticket in a drawing for a free IVF treatment for themselves or a loved one.  With the price of IVF being anywhere between $10,000-$20,000 this is a great opportunity.

Some of my close friends Scott and Brittney are participating.  They will get a raffle ticket for a chance to win the free IVF treatment with each person who signs up under them.  To learn more, or to sign up, visit www.footstepsforfertility.webconnex.com/5k or click the above image.  Their team name is ScootandB and the password is scottandbrittney.  Register before Saturday, September 8, to get $5 off the registration fee.  You can also use the coupon code ALLEN for $5 off too.
Because of the price of IVF, {unless they win the contest,} Scott and Brittney have chosen to pursue the route of adoption.  To learn more about them, or to recommend them to someone looking to find adoptive parents for a child, you can visit their blog at http://scooterandbrittney.blogspot.com/ or click on the above link to be taken straight to their adoption profile.



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I will check out their blog! thanks for sharing.

Brittney and Scott said...

Thanks so much for your support Heather and for being such a great friend to me throughout the years.