This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Utah's Hogle Zoo

It's been a while since I've taken a trip to Utah's Hogle Zoo.  I think the last time I went there was when I was pregnant with Evera.
 
 This time I took the kids and went with my sister Kristy and her daughter Ashley, and my sister Stephanie's daughter Kalia.

I haven't been there since they built the Rocky Shores area which has seals, sea lions, a polar bear, etc.  It was by far our favorite part of the day and was really neat.
Melia and Evera watching the seals
 We really lucked out on active animals too.  It was perfect weather--not too hot or too cold--so the animals were having a great day.

The polar bear was amazing and kept swimming under the water then coming up right by the window.  It was pretty fun to see tiny little Evera with that great big polar bear.

 Melia loved watching the seals and sea lions.  This guy was pretty big and kept swimming right by the glass.


 I was amazed I got all the kids to look right at me for this picture.  I think I told them there was a polar bear coming up behind me and they all looked.  :)
 Melia and Kali enjoyed watching the baby and mama jaguars.
 My favorite was the baby elephant.  Here he is holding onto his mama with his trunk.  :)
 Here's Melia with an elephant femur and skull.  I cannot believe how huge they are!
 Melia is almost as tall as an adult female gorilla!  :)
 I love these girls!
 Ev was pretty proud of himself.  He's a little bigger than the infant gorilla and almost as big as a juvenille.

 This big guy liked to suck his fingers just like Ashley.  :)
 How cute is that face in the log?
 And those eyes.  Ooh sometimes she's just so angelic!
 We loved a lot of the exhibits but I think Melia and I especially loved seeing the grizzly bears.  It really felt like they were practically in their natural habitat.  There were 2 brothers and a sister and they were just young and playing around.  They were having so much fun wrestling and playing in the water.
 It was a pretty fun day at Utah's Hogle Zoo!



No comments: