This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"It's a CRAZY life...but it's MY life."

Sometimes life is just crazy!  These kids keep me on my toes!  By the end of the day I just want to collapse!  But I love them to pieces!
 They crack me up!

 This silly guy too!
 Ev seems to adore him too!
 They loved playing at Spencer's football games.
 Melia especially loved helping hold the banners for the boys to run through.  She even got a blue and yellow cheerleading outfit to wear to Spencer's games.  (When I saw it at Costco in Taylorsville colors, I just had to buy it!)
 I'm lucky Spencer's mom loves my kiddos too!  When we're all together she takes care of them like they're her own.
Melia loved playing on the bleachers.
 Melia's birthday fell on a Sunday this year.  
 I painted her fingernails and her toenails.  (She was too excited about it to hold her hands still for the picture)
 And I put her hair in curlers so it'd be super pretty for church.
 She even wore her fanciest dress--cream colored with fall leaves in the chiffon overlay.

I went to take a shower and Mike was going to take her to church early for his meeting.  (She wanted to go with him.)  All he had to do was get on her shoes.  After I got out of the shower and was heading out the door the thought crossed my mind, "Maybe I should bring an extra pair of Melia's shoes just in case Mike put her in something outrageous..." but then I thought, "No, I should just trust him..."  I arrived at church to find THIS...
SERIOUSLY?!  Pink tie-dye crocs?  They'd be bad enough for church on a regular day when her hair wasn't curled and her nails weren't painted and she wasn't wearing her prettiest dress...
 Ooh good heavens.  I never thought I'd say this sentence, but...LUCKILY MELIA PEED HER PANTS DURING CHURCH, and LUCKILY I FORGOT TO BRING A CHANGE OF PANTIES.  So I just HAD to take her home for new panties, and of course, a change of shoes too!  :)

Evera got a Lightning McQueen ride-on car for his birthday from my parents and both he and Melia LOVE it.  Here is Ev pushing Melia on it. :)  They have so much fun together!
 Here they are just looking out the window together.
(And chief eying the piece of food on the table.  Lol!)
Melia loves to climb up on her stool to wash her hands, etc.  Evera feels like such a big boy when he is up there with her!
 He is so proud of himself.
 Melia couldn't be out done--so she had to prove she was BIGGER, and climbed up on the counter.  :)
 Now she is so proud of herself (she's smiling at herself in the mirror).
 Quite often this is my wake-up in the mornings!
 It's a pretty good way to wake up.
 And I love snuggling my girl!
 One of the kids' favorite things to do is to go on a run with Daddy.  Here they are all bundled up in the stroller ready for an autumn run!
 Hot daddy!
 This time Spencer went along too!  He seemed to believe he could go as fast and as far as Dad could pushing the stroller.  Spence kept up pretty well (I think Mike was taking it pretty easy on him) but then Melia said she needed to go potty.  So Mike kicked it into high gear to get her home and left Spencer in the dust.  Spence said he just didn't WANT to run anymore, but could have kept up.  :)
 I know I've posted quite a few of these, but it's just soo cute!  --Ev asleep in the high chair again.  :)
Evera thinks he is so big and loves to do anything Daddy does.  :)  Look at that grin as he climbs up on the step stool!
 Evera LOOOVES to play outside.  He especially loves the slide in our backyard.  He loves to climb up it and then he slips and slides back down and laughs and laughs.
 
 I love that kid, he's so dang cute and silly.  I love that smile!
 The kid really is a STINKER though.  He LOOOVES to eat cereal and drink the milk out of the bowl.  He's getting so good he almost never spills any of his milk!  He's better about drinking out of a cup (or bowl for that matter) than Melia is!

However, on this particular day, things didn't go so well.  I had changed Ev's diaper because he was super poopy, but I didn't want to waste another diaper before giving him and Melia a bath.  So I decided to put him in the highchair naked.  I've never done this before, but decided to give it a try.  It actually was quite lucky because when I returned to the kitchen after taking Melia potty I found this.
 He decided to dump the entire bowl of cereal, milk and all, over his head.  He's never done this before...but apparently he thought he was pretty funny. 
But regardless of how stinkerish they are, they are the loves of my life!

1 comment:

Rebecah Ogden said...

I can't believe how big Evra is. He looks so different than when I saw him as a baby. Such cuties!