This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Little Goose

I guess these posts are a little out of order, but oh well!!

Melia turned 3 back in November.  The first gift she received was from my cute friend Sally.  She had bought some Wizard of Oz Barbies years and years ago and planned on giving them to a daughter of hers when she had one.  Unfortunately years and years have passed and she has been unable to have children.  She and her husband are currently beginning to look into adoption.  But in the mean time, she adores Melia like she is her own.  In Melia's obsession with The Wizard of Oz, Sally happened to re-discover her Wizard of Oz Barbies in her garage.  She knew there was no child in the world who could possibly love and appreciate them more than Melia.  Well, Sally was right.  Sally gave Melia the Dorothy doll and the Scarecrow for her birthday.  Melia loved them so much she fell asleep on the floor snuggling them because she didn't want to let them go!  :)  How cute is she with those curlers in her hair and snuggling her dolls?!
 We had a party for Melia at Grandma Morgan's. 
 Evera liked the pizza!  :)
 Melia was a crack up when she was opening her presents.  She was the most excited about the little gift that was shaped like a long cylinder.  When I first showed it to her (at home before the party) she was insanely ecstatic!  She said, "Mommy!!  I know what it is!!!  Is it one of those things?  Those things that go down here."  I won't go into detail of how she explained what she meant, but the long and short of it is that she thought it was a tampon.  A tampon!!  She knows tampons are something just for "big mommies" and must think they're pretty special...so she was ecstatic when her gift seemed to be shaped like a tampon (or as she knows them "mommy's special bandaids").  Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe it when I realized that's what she thought it was and that was why she was so excited.  Apparently she wants to be JUST like Mommy, in EVERY WAY!  Lol! 

Here's Melia trying to explain how she thought it would be one of "Mommy's special bandaids."  :) 
LUCKILY, that is not what the gift was.  It was lipgloss.  And as you can see from the below picture, she was still really excited with that!  :)
 YAY!  My own lipgloss!!  :)
 Even during presents, Evera was STILL enjoying his pizza!  :)  (I love those little teeth!)

 Melia was super excited about Ariel's Little People carriage she got from Grandma Morgan.
 And extremely excited to receive the Little People Disney Castle from Grandma Place.  In this picture she is just seeing the Cinderella and Snow White Little People that come with the castle.  She was super happy!

 She also loved her "Cinderella Set" she got from Mommy and Daddy.  It is a beauty set with a little vanity with a plastic curling iron, blow drier, etc.
 She is such a girly girl.

A few days after the party we still had the remainder of Melia's birthday cake in the refrigerator.  I pulled it out and set it on the counter to throw it way.  I walked away for only a moment to get the door.  When I came back Evera had managed to climb up on the cabinets and retrieve the entire cake from the counter!
 He was quite proud of himself.
 YUMMY!!

No comments: