This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finishing out 2012

I am finally writing this post on May 1.  I know, I am a little late, but better late than never, right?  How fitting for me to do my Christmas post on a day like today.  May 1st and snowing outside.  UGH!  Yuck!

Around Thanksgiving time at preschool, Melia decorated her own pumpkin.  She was so proud of her sparkly purple glitter pumpkin, I had to post a picture.
 
 For Melia's birthday (and for our trip to Disneyland) she got this Cinderella dress.  She was (and still is) absolutely in love with it.  She would wear it every day, morning, noon, and night.  Here she is first thing in the morning wearing her Cinderella dress over her jammies.  This is how I found her playing with her toys when I woke up.
 My little man is the craziest kid.  From the first day I felt him move inside the womb, he has never stopped.  I told people over and over, when I was pregnant, that this kid was crazy and moved like a maniac and never stopped.  No one believed me.  They thought it was just the difference between boys and girls, or that I just didn't remember what it was like with Melia.  But Evera is living proof of what I was talking about.  The kid never stops!  He is running and playing and banging himself around, etc. etc. etc. all the time!  From the moment he was born, his little arms and legs never stopped flailing around.  Well nothing has changed, except instead of flailing his arms, he is running around making me chase him everywhere we go!

He knows when he is ready for bed, and if you ask him if he wants to go "ni-night" he will say, "yeah" (more like "ah!") if he is ready.  If not, he will refuse and scream his head off if you put him in his bed.  So sometimes (being the awesome mother that I am...) we'll just let him stay up playing until he IS ready to go to bed.  Often times, what happens, is that we will let him just play and he'll be running around like a maniac, laughing and squealing with glee.  This will go on for quite some time until all of the sudden (really, it is within seconds), it is silent.  If you look around, you will find Evera sound asleep on the floor somewhere.  He literally just crashes.  He sometimes is seriously running full speed and then he crashes to the floor and is sound asleep.  It's nuts!  Here he is asleep in the hall next to Melia's bedroom.  Sometimes when he won't go to bed and we let him play around he'll knock on Melia's door and play around there because he wants her to come out an play (but she's already in bed).  Therefore, at times he falls asleep right there at her door.  He loves her so much.  (And of course his socks are off--we cannot get him to keep socks and shoes on to save our lives!)
 Evera also loves to do anything that makes him big like Daddy.  He LOVES to climb wherever he can, and when Daddy brings out the ladder, Evera is excited to climb up wherever he puts it!
 He is getting to be a big boy and refuses to let anyone feed him anymore.  He also loves to drink his milk out of his cereal bowl.  Here he is doing just that.  He is actually amazingly good at it and rarely spills much anymore.  He's also getting pretty good drinking out of a cup too.
 Evera is a glutton when it comes to food.  The kid is practically a bottomless pit, especially when it comes to treats.  Grandma shared some chocolate covered pretzels with us one night and here she is giving Evera a little bite of hers.  However, it turned into much more than a little bite.  The second he got that treat in his mouth he would NOT let go of it and laid on her lap devouring the entire thing never letting it out of his mouth until the whole thing was gone!

One day we were driving up to my parents house and I was taking Chief to get a bath in Bountiful while we were up there.  Chief was hilarious.  For some reason he jumped up on Melia's lap while I was driving and then managed to climb behind her in the car seat.  She was trying to get him to get down but he was stuck and didn't know how to get back out!  I kept telling him to come (I was driving) and he just kept crying because he didn't know how to move from where he was.  It was really funny.  I love that doggie!
 
On Christmas Eve we did our annual Christmas Nativity at the Morgans.  Evera had the very important role of the fat cow!  :)
 Melia got to be Mary.  She was soooo excited!  She begged and begged to be Mary.  Usually one of the older kids play Mary and Joseph, but the Purcells were unable to come this year because of the weather so only the little kids were left.  So Melia scored the role she wanted.  I must admit though, she sure was the prettiest mother Mary I have ever seen!
 I must admit, Evera is the cutest fat cow I have ever seen! 
 And the view from behind was just a crack up!  Look at that wide load!
 Mary sure loves her cow!
 Vienna and Lydia were BOTH angels because they both wanted to be and Grandma doesn't like to disappoint!  :)  Here's Angel Vienna.
 Spencer made for a great Joseph.  :)  He was so cute with Melia as Mary.
 Here is Melia carefully carrying Baby Jesus to the manger.  :)
 Of course, Mary had to have her purse with her in the stable!  :)
 Here is Mary showing her sweet little baby to the angels.  (Melia really was so proud to be playing the party of Mary.)
 Here's our fat cow watching over baby Jesus from afar in the pasture with the sheep.  :)
 Here's Angel Lydia crying hysterically to the cow because Mary wouldn't let her touch her baby.  (Melia was quite a possessive mommy and was overly protective of Baby Jesus--as I am sure Mary really was, knowing she was the caretaker of the Lord's son.)  After a little chat with our little Mary, she decided that the angels would not hurt Baby Jesus and it was okay for them to touch him.
 Here's the cutest shepherd ever, little Tesla.
 Here's Melia taking care of Baby Jesus.  She is holding the "gold" (a cob of corn) that the wise men brought for Baby Jesus.
 I think after a while our fat cow was getting a little sick of being so bulky and hot.
 The best part of this all was how excited Melia was.  First of all, not only was she the most beautiful Mary I've ever seen, she was so into her role and really seemed to feel the importance of it.  We had been reading and going over the Nativity Story for a few weeks at this point.  So when she first "got the role" I pulled out the video camera and asked her some questions about who she was going to be for the nativity.  I just thought she'd tell me she was Mary and that Mary was Baby Jesus' mom.  Instead when I asked her the question, she answered me in first person.  She said, "I am Jesus' mom..." and she went on the tell me THE ENTIRE NATIVITY STORY in first person from the point of view of Mary.  It was incredible, and sooo adorable.
 After our nativity each year, and after singing a few songs there is always a noise at the door, and they kids go to answer it and find Santa has left his bag on the porch.  There is always a letter from Santa talking all about the Morgan family and what everyone is up to.  And then also in the bag is a gift for each grandchild who is there that night.  Here is Grandpa reading Santa's letter.
 Finally Evera was absolutely DONE being the fat cow!  ;)  (How cute is he?)
 Evera was excited about the gift that Santa brought for him.  I thought it seemed a little juvenile for him though--more geared toward a younger baby.
 I was wrong though.  Evera was enthralled with it and still loves it today.
 My favorite part of Christmas this year was how much time we got to spend with family.  I love watching Melia playing with her cousins.  She absolutely LOVES them.  Here she is with her little cousin Vienna, who is 9 months older than her.
 BIG HUG!
 Could they get any cuter??!
 In the true spirit of Christmas (giving), Melia was insanely excited to give Brinley the "cupcake game" she got for her for Christmas.
 Spencer had a Christmas program and school and it was super cute.  I was shocked (and happily impressed) when the 2nd grade sang "Silent Night" for their song.  I was surprised that was okay as far as the separation between church and state goes.

The 6th grade (Spencer's grade) sang a few songs.  The first one was "My Grown Up Christmas List."  It was really.  They had a slide show going with the students' family members who have served in the armed forces in the past, and those currently serving. 

Next they sang "Santa Style" a knock off of the very popular hit song, "Gangnam Style."  The lyrics were pretty funny.  Instead of "oppa gangnam style" they would sing "open presents now."  And instead of "Hey, sexy lady," they'd sing "Hey, Santa baby!"  They all wore sequin ties and sunglasses and did the Gangnam Style dance.  They thought they were pretty dang cool too.




 We had a great Christmas this year.  It was our year to have Spencer and that always makes it a better year!  Here's our tree with all the presents ready to go!
 This is the sight that we woke up to on Christmas morning.
 Chief's little stocking is on the far left.  Then Spencer's (with the snowboard next to it).  Then Mike's on the left on the corner and mine on the right of the corner.  And Melia's is on the far right.
 In this picture you can see mine on the left, Melia's in the middle, and Evera's on the far left with the vacuum next to it.
 Good morning angel!  Melia was excited about the new pink brush Santa brought her in her stocking.  It's pretty awesome because the bottom screws off and the handle is clear and you can keep your elastics inside!
 And here is Spence ready to get opening his gifts!!
 Rise and shine baby!
 Evera was a little tired and out of it, but he really liked his new vacuum (in spite of the thoroughly dazed look on his face)!
 Ahh there's a smile!! :)
 Melia was happy with the "diamond fairy Kelly" doll she got in her stocking.  She also loved her new headband.  (How cute is that?!)
 Ev liked the little wooden trucks he got in his stocking, and the Little People car she got too.
 Happy boy!
 Melia was so into the Christmas spirit, that she wrapped up some of her favorite toys to "give" to each of us for Christmas.  She put them under the tree and was insanely excited for us to open them first thing Christmas morning.  Spencer got her Aurora Barbie, and Mike got her fairy wand!  :)
 And I got her beloved Cinderella Little People doll.  :)  Look how proud she is of herself! 
 Evera liked the new soccer game he got from Melia, and tried to climb right inside!  :)
 He also loved the basketball game he got from Spencer!  :)
 Evera drew Skyler's name for the cousin's Christmas exchange this year.  I asked Skyler what he wanted and he told me he wanted an Adventure Time toy.  Adventure Time is a (super weird) cartoon that is popular right now...  Anyway, I looked all over throughout all the stores and could find almost nothing.  The only remotely cool thing I could find was "Finn's Sword" online for the exact amount that we're allowed to spend on cousins' gifts.  When I received it I was surprised and disappointed to see that really was just a yellow plastic sword--no features or anything.  I thought it was the lamest thing I'd ever seen and was prepared to tell Skyler that I'd worked my tail off trying to find something that fit his request and this was ALL I could find.  But when he opened it, it needed no explaination.
 He was beyond excited.  I don't think I've ever seen ANYONE so ecstatic over a gift before. 
 Apparently it was a hit.
 Melia got a "school box" and desk from her cousin Caroline.  The box was filled to the brim with school supplies--notebooks, stickers, flash cards, markers, pens, pencils, crayons, etc. etc. etc.  Here we are looking through the box.
 After that Melia wanted to do nothing else but play with her school stuff.  She didn't even care about opening more presents. 
Melia had Rachael's name and I made her a jewelry frame with screen in it to hang her earrings and hooks on the bottom to hang necklaces and bracelets.  I painted it baby yellow -- her favorite color -- and attached a couple pairs of earrings, a necklace and a bracelet.  It was a hit too!

 I gave Star, Nat, and Britt each a pair of sunglasses.  (Unfortunately Brittany wasn't there) but Star and Britt looked stylin' in their new shades!  :)
 Melia and Evera loved the new Playdoh stuff they received for Christmas.  (Or at least Melia did and Evera enjoyed climbing on the table...)
Our neighborhood decided to give donations instead of giving eachother neighbor gifts.  Unfortunately I didn't receive the letter about that until AFTER I'd made our neighborhood gifts.  :(  Too bad, cause I would've been all on board for not making neighborhood gifts--that always stresses me out!!

Anyway, I made candycane heart suckers in the oven by melting the tiny candy canes just enough to smoosh the two together into a heart shape on a lollipop stick.  

 Then I filled them with a melted almond bark / crushed peppermint mixture. 
 They were fun and super cute.  I gave little bundles of suckers to each of our neighbors with a little note attached with a poem about the candy cane and how it represents Christmas and the birth of Christ, etc. 
 Melia enjoyed the winter and especially loved playing in the show with Brinley.  Aren't they cute little snow bunnies?!
 And Evera stayed warm inside and kept on nursing his life away!  :)  I know I need to stop nursing this boy eventually, but I love my time with him and so does he.  So for now, I'm keeping it up, but I've promised myself that I will stop by the time he is 2...or when he turns 2.  I have no idea HOW I will go about stopping (he is pretty demanding) but I will...somehow!  :)

No comments: