This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, May 13, 2013

"I Love to See The Temple"

These pictures have nothing to do with this post, but oh well...
I just wanted to post these cute pictures of Melia hanging out with her Daddy. He really is one of her favorite playmates.  She absolutely ADORES him.  I am so lucky to be married to such a great husband and father.



Back in March over Easter weekend, we went on a hike with Mike's sister Anne and her family.  They were getting ready to go on a hike and Spencer had said he wanted to go.  Melia told me she wanted to go too so I asked them how difficult the hike was going to be.  I asked if I could bring my double jogger and they said it was too narrow and rocky for that at places but that Melia should be fine walking.  Well if Melia could walk it I was sure I could too, so off we all headed.  
 Mike and Ev were ready to roll!  :)
 We were hiking up the Ghost Falls Trail (to Ghost Falls of course...)
 Daddy was miking silly noises and Evera was cracking up!
 After a VERY SHORT while, I was quite winded and Melia was holding us back a ton.  Anne said they were going to have to go ahead with out us or we wouldn't make it back in time for dinner.  They were going to go ahead of us but then Anne and Rhodri decided to try taking turns carrying Melia and see how far we could make it.  Melia loved riding on Rhodri's back!
 We had an incredible view of the temple.  I could not believe how high we were hiking.  It really was probably the hardest hike I've ever done (with the exception of hiking the Great Wall of China).  I don't know WHAT they were thinking when they said Melia would be fine WALKING it.  NO WAY!

 When we finally got to the top we were able to relax for a bit and enjoy the scenery.  Here's Anne and her 17 year old son, Taylor, who is getting ready to leave on his mission to New York in just over a month.
 Here I am with my cute girl!
 Here's Ev diggin' for gold!  ;)
 I love this little girly girl of mine!
 When we got to the waterfall, Spencer, Rhodri, Brennan and Caylie started exploring a little more and ended up hiking way up to the top of the cliff! 
 They were way up there!  You can see them way up at the top of this picture and Melia way down at the bottom by the waterfall!
 Melia loved playing by the waterfall and wading in the water.



 After we'd been up there for a while a man came up with two little pugs.  They were so cute and Melia loved playing with this little guy in the pond.
 Evera thought the pugs were pretty awesome too.
 I've always loved pugs!
 Here's Rhodri and Anne, Taylor and Caylie, and best friends Spencer and Brennan on the bridge.
 Spencer is such a great big brother, always watching out for Evera and Melia!
 Evera took off down this closed trail.
 I sent Spence after him and Melia decided to go too.  But when Spencer caught up to Ev, Melia kept going.  UGH!  So Spencer brought Ev back go us.
 Then he went to get Melia too!  Those dang rascals!
 Here we are on our way back down.  Anne is holding hands with Melia.
 Then Caylie took her turn with Melia on her shoulders.


 Here's Spencer with the temple in the background!
 A ladybug landed in Caylie's hair and I thought it was so cute.  :)
 Ev conked out on our way back down the trail.  :)  I we have a picture JUST like this of Spencer asleep in the frame pack.  I think we also have one of Melia!  Lol!


Here I am with my sister-in-law Anne with the temple in the background!
 I think one of my favorite things to see on the hike was how much Melia seemed to "fall in love" with Uncle Rhodri.  It was so cute.  He was carrying her a bunch and showing her all sorts of things and telling her all about other hikes he's been on and she was just taking it all in with a sponge.  She was so interested in everything he had to say!  We're so lucky to have such a great family.  I am so thankful for all of the wonderful aunts, uncles and cousins my kids have!  And grandmas and grandpas too!

No comments: