The month of March came in like a Lion...
With a giant roar of mischief! Evera is a crazy little guy who loves TROUBLE! Here's my little menace with mascara face. However, instead of trying to put it on his eyes, apparently he decided to put it all over his mouth. ;) Awesome...
Melia got press-on princess fingernails, and was so excited when I put them on her. They fell off within an hour, but they were pretty cute while they lasted.She loved them.
She's a happy girl.
For our Relief Society Birthday Dinner, we did a bit of a tribute to a bunch of the woman who made the Relief Society what it is today. I had the privilege of being Belle Spafford who became Relief Society president in 1945.
I borrowed a dress of my sister's which is super cute and in right now, but worked for a 40's style dress too. I wore my grandma's mink stole and a broach my mom had in her jewelry box. Most of the people who were in the program just got dressed up right before we did the program instead of being dressed up all through dinner, but I thought it'd be too much of a hassle to do that as my costume included makeup and hair, etc whereas 2 of the 3 other girls were pioneers--and not much was required for their hair and makup. :)
Anyway, most of the people there didn't know I was "dressed up," I guess they just thought I was trying to be retro or something. :) A lot of people complimented me, it was funny. Then this woman, Ruthie, who is autistic came up to me. Ruthie is probably in her 50's and I really adore her. She is pretty funny and always compliments me in odd derogatory ways. (Lol--like once she said, "That ugly burnt orange color of your dress is really becoming popular, huh?" Haha. She just says it like it is! I love it!) Anyway, she came up to me and told me my dress was pretty. I thanked her and told her it was my sisters. I attempted to explain it was for the program, but she missed that part and replied, "Don't you have any clothes?" Again I tried to explain but she responded, "I feel sorry for you." Lol. She always cracks me up.
When it was my turn to go up to do the program, there were a bunch of women in their 50s-60s sitting at one of the tables at the front. They hooted and hollered as I got up and one of them said, "Ooh she has got to be from the 40's!" I was so excited because I really don't know much about the 40's and I just tried to wing it the best I could as far as hair and makeup went, and my mom helped me with the clothes. They raved over my hair, and especially over the mink stole. After the program I took off the stole to show them how my Grandmother's initials were in the inside on the tag, but they were just going crazy over the fact that the tag was from some place they all knew well. I forget the name of the place, which is long since gone, but they were all so excited.
A little later, one of my friends came up to me and said when she saw me walk up there to do my part she immediately thought, (looking at my costume, hair, and makeup) "She looks just like Belle Spafford!" I couldn't believe it. I mean, I had never even heard of Belle Spafford before playing this role, but it flattered me that this girl thought I looked just like her, not having any idea I was actually PLAYING Belle Spafford!
It was a fun evening, and I enjoyed playing the part of such a great woman in our LDS history. The next Sunday at church, our bishop came up to me and said, "I have to know what you did at that Relief Society dinner!" I wasn't sure what he was talking about but I told him how we had a little program and 4 of us played roles of former members of the Relief Society. He seemed confused (that didn't sound all that exciting) and went on to tell me the reason he was asking was that his sister Ruthie (the one with autism) had just gone on and on about me and how great I was. He then went on to say that Ruthie rarely ever talks to them at home, and she hardly ever has anything to say, so when she does, he really tries to listen because he likes to know what makes her happy and what excites her. It made me feel really good that my "performance" or whatever you want to call it (I really just read a few paragraphs about Belle) had made her night. :)
On March 17, we were visited by some pesky little leprechauns. Mike, Spencer, and Melia made a leprechaun trap and set it up the night before.
The trap turned out pretty stinking cute, but apparently it made the leprechaun a little mad, so he retaliated.
We caught a little piece of his pants in the trap, but didn't Steve. (Apparently that is our leprechaun's name...according to Brinley and Melia.) Anyway, in return, this is what he did to the house...
While he did flip over the dining room table and make a mess of the livingroom, he did leave the kids quite a few yummy treats--all of which were green other than the Lucky Charms.Here's just a random picture of Evera enjoying our teeter totter. The best part about this is that our teeter totter is broken and is just sitting on the ground. But Ev still thinks it's pretty cool to sit on! :)
Here are Spencer and Melia ready for the flashlight Easter egg hunt that our neighborhood puts on every year. It is a great tradition and we love it! I missed it this year because Ev was sick, but I am glad Melia and Spencer got to go and have fun.
I love this picture of Melia and Mike. Mike is carrying her in from the car one night after being at Grandma's. I love that she is asleep in her jammies and still rockin' her Hello Kitty sunglasses! :) She is such a little diva!
And here's Ev bein' silly wearing Daddy's shoes. Why is it that kids love doing that so much? And why is it that it is so dang cute every single time?! He loves to pretend he is Daddy. :)
Here he is just being a cutie on the changing table. :) I think Becca was making him laugh here.
And here's my cute little goose all bundled up to play in the snow.
March may have come in like a lion--like it's supposed to--but it didn't go out like a lamb. We were still bundled up tightly for the stormy weather at the end of March too. But Melia didn't mind! :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment