This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Primary Talk "We Came to Earth..."

In February, Melia was asked to give a talk in primary.  Her assigned subject was, "We came to earth to get bodies and to be tested."  I couldn't believe how in depth that topic was for a three year old, but I did my best in writing a talk to her level.  I spoke with my sister Stephanie and she encouraged me to have Melia memorize it.  I wasn't sure it could be done, but Melia was a rock star and completely memorized it.  It was sooooo cute!!

I printed 8x10 images of Melia doing different things for Melia to hold up while she spoke.  I put each picture in a plastic sheet protector and she would hold up each picture and say a sentence or so and then move onto the next picture.  When it came down to it, the singing leader came up and held the pictures for her while she said her talk.  It was adorable and everyone was really impressed that little 3 year old Melia (the youngest kid in the whole primary -- with a November birthday) had her whole talk memorized perfectly.  I didn't even go up there while she gave her talk.  I just sat at the back and enjoyed it.

To practice, Melia brought her stool into the kitchen and made me get the paper towel holder to be her microphone.  She would stand at the kitchen table and do her talk.  

 Mike and Evera were a very attentive audience.  Especially because they had crackers to keep them occupied!  :)
I was so proud of Melia for the time and effort she put in to memorize this talk and to do a good job!

HERE IS THE TALK:

We came to earth
to get bodies
 live with our families
 and experience joy
 when we follow Heavenly Father's plan.
We are here to be tested
and to prove we can make good choices.
I make good choices when I am nice to my brothers,
help my mom,
say my prayers,
and share with my friends.
If we do what is right, we can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again. 

1 comment:

Brittney and Scott said...

So cute. It looks like she did awesome. Melia is such a cute little girl.