In February, my nephew Skyler was in his high school musical of The Little Mermaid. We took the kids to see it with us. Melia loved it and whenever Ursula was on the stage Melia would put her little arms around me to "protect me" because she knew I would be afraid. :)
After the show the characters came out for pictures and Melia was insistent on getting pictures with almost everyone. My cousin's daughter, Lirenza, was in the musical too. Her family is incredibly talented with singing and it was fun to see her in the show. She was one of Ariel's sisters. Here's Melia and Lirenza.

My nephew Skyler played Scuttle. He did a great job and was really funny! He even stayed "in character" out in the hall! :)
Here he is with both my kiddos!
Melia kept saying she wanted a picture with Ursula, but she wouldn't get any closer than this! :) Isn't that an incredible costume?!
She was pretty excited to get a picture with Ariel too!
And here she is with Sebastian! This girl did great playing Sebastian!
The other day in the car Melia randomly said to me, "Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be in the 'Ariel' show." She went on to tell me she wants to BE ARIEL in the show. But then she got worried and said she didn't want to have to see Ursula. I told her I was sure she would be okay. She said, "Mommy, you could be in the show with me!" I said, "Yeah, that'd be fun!" Then she said, "You could be Ursula. And you wouldn't be a scary Ursula. And then I wouldn't be scared!" :)
The rest of February flew by. Evera is growing up so fast. I can't believe how big he is and how many teeth he has. He is a funny boy. He loves to put on Melia's headbands and necklaces and walk around. He also loves her princess shoes. Should I be worried?! He is really SUCH a boy, I'm not worried at all, but it is pretty funny.
Melia and Brinley are starting to behave better and getting into less mischief and just playing well together more often. But Evera and Colton are now reaching the mischievous phase. AHH!
They're pretty stinkin' cute together though. Look at Evera look at Colton! They love eachother! It's pretty dang cute.
I love this little face.
He's always had crazy hair!
Here are Melia and Brinley before preschool on Valentine's Day!
I did heart shaped pigtail braids in Melia's hair!
My niece Becca came and stayed the weekend with us in February. It is always so much fun to have her with us. I adore this girl and she is super helpful with the kids. The adore her. Melia tells me Becca is her best friend.
One night Becca and I did eachother's hair, and I let her put on some of my makeup too. She looked so pretty!
We did Melia's hair too, but just in a sock bun so that it'd be curly for church the next day.
Evera is a silly boy and loves to do anything that makes him like Dad. :)
These are my favorite guys!
And last (but not least) I had to include this picture. I know I've put up a million pictures of Evera sleeping in the high chair--he does seem to do it quite often--but this one cracked me up because he fell asleep with a ramen noodle still hanging out of his mouth! Haha! Crazy kid!!









No comments:
Post a Comment