I took this "selfie" in the car for 2 reasons. 1 to document that I was actually going and 2 to document that I did my hair...unfortunately that doesn't happen too often--I have WAAAY too much hair for that nonsense!
The reunion was held at the Megaplex in a nearby town, just in one of their conference rooms. We had a catered dinner and a short presentation. It was a lot of fun.
I made Cori promise me she'd go with me, so she and Nate hung out with me and Mike most of the time.
And it was great to see Malinda.
We had to get a picture of all the Heights Wardies who were there. These are the crazy kids I grew up with. It was fun to see them all. Benjamin--one of my best friends since I was about 4 years old. Definitely the VERY CLOSEST boy friend I ever had (notice the space between "boy" and "friend" -- it was almost a brother/sister relationship, and I truly love him like family). Malinda--who has always been a close friend of mine. We never ran around in the same circles of friends, but always managed to stay close, and I can truly say she is one of my very very best friends. Me (of course). Nick--love this kid. Seriously. He is awesome. He is involved in almost all of my best memories from jr high and high school. I will always consider him a close friend. Scott--who lived just up the street from me my whole life. Just the other day his dad apparently told my mom a story about me going to their house one day when I was very young, maybe 6, and asked if Scottie was home. When his dad said no, I told him, very sadly, "Yeah, I think he dumpped me." Haha! Ah young love. I don't remember that whatsoever, but apparently he was my boyfriend...or at least I thought so! :) AJ--Oh AJ. He is probably one of the nicest, best guys I knew in high school (and all growing up for that matter). When he returned home from his mission, called me one day and said he had something he needed to give me. He came to my house and presented me with an envelope full of $50. Apparently he and some other boys from the ward had stolen my bra in high school to put on "the bra tree" at some ski resort...and he had always felt guilty and wanted to pay me back. Haha. I still am so curious to know what bra they stole...I have no idea. It's a pretty funny story though, and super awkward. If you want the whole story, you'll have to ask me personally. :) And Adrienne--AJ's wife who grew up across the street from me and is 2 years younger. I never knew her super well but she is a super cute girl and a lot of fun.
Anyway, it was great to see all of them, and reconnect.
The next day they had a little get together at the park. I took my kiddos and went, again, with Cori and her little one too. They were VERY FEW people there, but that was fun too.
Here's my cutie at the reunion too.





No comments:
Post a Comment