This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

12 Years Old

In July, Spencer turned 12, and received the priesthood.  It was a momentous and beautiful occasion.  I am so proud of him and the young man he is becoming.  I am proud of his faith and his diligence in sticking to the teachings of Jesus Christ and remaining worthy and righteous in the gospel.

Here is a picture of 3 generations of Morgan priesthood holders (who cannot seem to keep their eyes open for photos...)
3 generations of the priesthood
 Like I said...
 He is such a wonderful big brother.
Spencer and baby Arden at 2.5 months old

I had to take my turn holding baby Arden too


Happy baby
My dad has this bear, "The Birthday Bear," which only makes appearances at the Grandkids' birthdays.  It sings Happy Birthday (and I think the secret reason my dad got it was so that the bear could sing Happy Birthday instead of him having to).  But the kids looove it and my dad has grown to love it too and now it's become this tradition that the little kids always look forward to.  (Well...except Evera, who is terrified of "The Birthday Bear"... but we'll talk about that when Evera's birthday rolls around.)

The next time he came over to our house, we gave him his gifts.  Melia "wrapped" up a whole bunch of presents for him in this pretty princess bag.  :)
 Look how proud she is of all the "gifts" she gave him.  --A long piece of green tulle, a maraca, a plastic hammer, and a froggy headband (all of which came from the playroom...)
 He also got a pair of new church shoes.
 And Evera gave him a present too.  :)
 And his main gift was a nicely wrapped Kleenex box...
With a note which read, "Don't blow it all in one place..."
 He got more and more excited as he pulled out the kleenex to reveal $$ MONEY $$
 He pulled
 And Pulled
 And pulled

Happy Birthday Kiddo!

No comments: