by Kenny ChesneyWell it's, turn and face the stars and stripes
It's fightin' back them butterflies
It's call it in the air alright yes sir we want the ball
And it's knockin' heads and talkin' trash
It's slingin' mud and dirt and grass
It's I got your number, I got your back
When your back's against the wall
You mess with one man, you got us all
The boys of fall
This past fall Spencer played football on the Taylorsville Midget Gold team. He loves football and this season was an especially good one for him and his team. They had fabulous coaches and the boys were all really great. It was a fun season to watch. At the end of the season I made a photo video reel of the highlights, etc. Here are some pics of the season and from the video.
![]() |
| 2013 Taylorsville Midget Gold |
| Spencer leading the Warrior-jacks |
Melia frequently liked to dress up in her blue and gold cheerleading outfit for the games. I found the costume at Costco not this past fall but the year before around Halloween time. I couldn't believe they had one in blue and yellow, so I had to buy it for her for the games. :) She loves to support her brother.
But Melia wasn't the only one showing her team spirit. I got a T-ville sweatshirt and t-shirt at Walmart, and Melia and I both painted our fingernails and toenails blue with gold sparkles to show our allegiance.
Evera loved to go to the games and watch Spencer play and yell and cheer and clap with the best of them.
But he just wanted to get out on the field and play ball! He was always sad when we had to restrain him from running out there in the middle of the game.
He had to be resigned to just watching.
| Best big brother in the world! |
Here are all 3 of Spencer's little siblings at his game. My kiddos sure love seeing Baby Arden.
The kids also loved it when we played at our home field which had a few playgrounds the kids enjoyed.
| Pink socks for October breast cancer awareness |
It was a great season! The boys were undefeated in their in-season games until the last game of the season which they played against East. Then in their playoff game they lost by (a painful) one point to Hunter.
They had their end-of-season "banquet" at Airborne here in Draper. It was a lot of fun. After playing on the trampolines for a couple hours, we all went into one of the party rooms where we had pizza and sodas and watched the video I made. The coaches were giving speeches and talking about team spirit and camaraderie when Spencer's the kid sitting next to Spencer put his arm around him. Spencer did the same back and I loved seeing their friendship. It truly was a great team. I loved all the boys and the coaches were excellent.
After working close to 100 hours on the video for the team, my payoff came when I got to see the boys faces as they all watched the video. It was so fun as they cheered and slapped each other on the backs while watching it. I had the individual team photos of each kid pop up on the screen sporadically throughout the video and each time one of them would come up all the guys would rally around that kid yelling his name and slapping him on the back.
It was a fun season!


























No comments:
Post a Comment