This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Friday, August 26, 2011

"I Wanna Be Like You"

from The Jungle Book


Oh, oobee doo
I wanna be like you
I wanna walk like you
Talk like you, too


Melia loves Spencer.  She seriously adores him.  She gets so excited when he comes over and she follows him around like a puppy dog wanting to do everything he does.  Even if he goes to the bathroom sometimes she'll stand outside the door and just yell his name until he's done.  :)

When we were at Bear Lake a bunch of the kids (including Spencer) liked to play "Harry Potter" and run around with sticks for wands and would shout spells at eachother, etc.  Well a few weeks later we were at home and Spencer was playing with this foam rocket shooting toy and Melia wanted to do it.  She was chasing him around shouting, "STUPEFY!  STUPEFY!"  I don't know if she just thought he'd think she was funny or if she thought he'd have to give it to her if she yelled that.  It was pretty funny.  Another time he was playing with the same rocket and she kept running around the house shouting, "Focket, Focket!"  Sometimes she struggles with the letter R.  It was cracking me up.

Spencer is such a great brother and Melia LOVES any little bit of attention she can get from him.  He is so sweet to her and really does a good job with her.  He likes to tell me all about every little thing she does.  It's obvious how much he adores her.  She loves it when he reads to her. 
The other day Spencer was over and we were watching a show together on TV.  Melia really wanted Spencer to read her a book, but he just wanted to watch the show.  She was very persistent and when she finally realized he wasn't going to do it, she went and got her books, brought them over to where he was laying on the floor and just decided to sit on him to read the books.  It was pretty funny.
Melia loves to play with Spencer's toys and eat his candy.  We try to keep her out of his room when he's gone but she loves to go in there.  He's pretty sweet to play with his toys with her when he is there though.  She LOVES his Super Soaker.  She looks like a little mobster here or something.  (By the way, I LOVE this little dress and those boots are the cutest.  She INSISTED on wearing those boots to church with this dress.)




How dang cute is she?  She was so excited to be shooting the gun.
Melia is growing up so fast and loves to color like a big girl.  Coloring is probably one of her VERY favorite things to do.  Doesn't her hair look so blonde?!  The sun just keeps bleaching it more and more.  I like to do her hair like this because it shows the blonde highlights the very best.
Here she is "doing homework."  When I was in biology she got so sick of me always telling her I couldn't play with her or whatever she wanted me to do because I was doing my homework.  One day Mike left some papers on the table and she climbed right up onto the chair and picked up the pencil and started writing and informed me she was doing homework.  It was pretty darn cute. 
This little outfit cracks me up.  I wasn't sure what people would say when I dressed her in it but SO MANY PEOPLE said stuff about how cute she looked.  She kindof reminded me of a little Cinderella, but I still thought it was cute.
We were at the doctor's office and as I was coming around the corner of the cars with her I saw this big burly guy.  He looked super tough and a little scary but kindly said hello.  Melia hadn't made it quite around the corner of the car yet so he hadn't seen her.  As she came around the corner the man actually stumbled back and let out a big chuckle and said, "Wow...she is so cute!"  It seemed so "out of character" from what I'd imagined this man to be like and it made me laugh.  She melts even the big tough hearts.  This is what she was wearing.  :)
I just love those eyes.
She's still a monkey!  And yes, we still have her in cloth diapers.  :)  She actually requests them specifically.  I think she knows they feel better on her little bummy.  She'll ask me to change her diaper, "Mommy, diapa change."  And then she'll say, "Cloth diapa!" 
My mom bought Melia this green spray bottle at Ikea the other day while we were there.  At the time we'd been living at Mike's parents house because our house was being remodeled.  It was A MESS and we were having lots of issues and all of this going on while I'm 9 months pregnant was super stressful.  Anyway, Melia was enjoying living at Grandma and Grandpa's but she was getting a little ornery just not being home.  This spray bottle kept her happy and occupied for an entire afternoon.  She took it outside and sprayed everything for HOURS and didn't even ask me to go out there with her.  She was so content.  She LOVES water.
Grandma and Grandpa's backyard is so much fun and Melia loves it.  She is such a big girl and climbs right up the bar ladder to go down the slide.  She terrifies me all the time because she could get hurt so bad, but I guess the more I let her do it, the more independent and competent she'll become.
When she tries to concentrate on thing and is determined, she often has her tongue out, or she'll hold it between her teeth.  I swear one of these days she is going to bite it off, she makes me so nervous!

She also loves to go down the slide backwards.  She hangs on at the top of the slide for the longest time and then finally will let go.  Most of the time she flies off the slide and lands flat on her belly in the wood chips, but then she gets up, brushes herself off, and climbs right back up the ladder.  :)
She also loves swinging and loves to play with her cousin Lydia.  She calls her "ia."  It took me the longest time to figure out what she was saying when she'd talk about Lydia.  She calls herself "Mia" and calls Lydia "Ia."  It's pretty cute.

I am so glad they're so close in age.  Melia loves it when she gets to see Lydia and adores Justin and Sarah too.  They're probably going to be moving out of state pretty soon and we're going to miss them so bad!  I am glad the girls can play for now though!

1 comment:

Brittney and Scott said...

I love how much Melia loves her older brother. It is so cute. I loved the picture with the story book and her sitting on Spencer.