We've been on a few fun outings over the past few months that I have yet to blog about so I thought I better do it now!
McDONALD'S with cousin Kali (ooh Melia's poor nose)
STORYTiME at the LiBRARY
CiTY CREEK
Melia loved the fountains!
This kid LOVES water!
And Ev loved watching Melia play.
THE DENTiST
Melia's first official check up...gotta love how's she's decked out in pink. The dentist and hygienist were pretty cute with her and gave her pink sunglasses to wear to shield the bright light. :) If you look closely you can also see the GIANT pink jewel ring on her left hand that they gave her too. She LOVES that ring.
Ev was not havin a good time and insisted that I hold him. He fell sound asleep on my lap while I got my teeth cleaned. (Don't ask me why Melia was insisting on wearing her pink raincoat with the hood up--it was raining that day and I had been telling her for weeks she couldn't wear it because it wasn't raining. As soon as she saw the rain, she of course insisted on wearing it to the dentist.)
THE DiNOSAUR MUSEUM
We went with some neighborhood friends. Ethan, Melia, Brinley, Colton, Maddie, Maggie, and Dalton.
Evera liked the shark. ;)
Melia enjoyed roaring at the shark with her "sharp fingers."
PACK MEETiNG
It was fun to see Spencer doing the flag ceremony.
Even Ev liked watching him.
HEE HAW FARMS
I liked the baby goat. Evera didn't like it quite so much...
He was so sick of me putting him down with all the baby animals for pictures.
Melia liked the calves.
Piggy Melia.
Piggy Max. Sally was watching her nephew Max for a few days so it was fun to have her come along with us on some play dates. It was sooo hot at the farm Max didn't have the greatest time. (Neither did Evera.)
My little cowgirl!
Melia wanted to ride the pony and was so brave but was pretty unsure about the whole experience.
But Brinley was a pro!
Our favorite baby animals were the piglets! Oh my goodness they were soooo cute. They were only 10 days old and it was so fun to watch them nursing on their mommy. For some odd reason watching them made me want to nurse them myself. (I know, creepy! Lol!) But they were so cute.
We also had fun going down the giant slide! Here's Sally! I love that girl!
And Missy going with both girls. I love Brin's face in this picture! She's lovin' it. Melia was a little scared though.
After a lot of begging, the owners of Hee Haw farms let us hold one of the piglets! It was sooo fun. The guy had to climb into the pig pen and grab the piglet by it's hind legs. Then the sow started squealing like CRAZY and making these loud angry noises. She's huge and it was pretty scary. The guy would hold the piglet up in front of her (by it's legs) and she'd back off a little (I guess so he didn't hurt her piglet??). Then he got out and gave us the piglet. We had to snuggle him close or he'd start squealing to get back to his mommy. It was sad and so cute at the same time. He was squealing SOOO loud and hard.
He was sooo cute! I just loved him. Even though that brown mark on my arm is most likely poop...he stunk soo bad and so did my arm...
Evera liked him too! Ooh he was so cute! But not soft at all, even though he looks like he would be.
I love piglets!
Aww look at that face!
By the way, I highly recommend Hee Haw Farms for a spring excursion. They have TONS of baby animals and are super family oriented and fun. WAY BETTER than the Thanksgiving Point petting zoo. I loved it.
CiTY CREEK (again)
Melia and Brin loved playing in the fountains.
These girls are so silly. They loved the fountains but they also loved "laying out" to dry by the fountains. :)
Melia especially loved our trip into Sephora. :)
PiCNiC at the PARK
We love our local city park and all the fun playground equipment and large trees with lots of shade. We have made quite a few trips to the park for summer picnics. Melia especially loves the swings, but also enjoys the slides and just climbing and running all over. And Evera just loves crawling all over on the grass. He also loves the eating part... Mmmm...peaches! I think this particular picture was taken on the day I decided it was time to really start feeding Evera solid foods and parts of our meals instead of only baby food and milk. He ate his own roll and Colton's too. He's like a little scavenger bird. He LOVES FOOD!
RUTH'S DiNER
We went up the canyon to Ruth's Diner for breakfast with some friends for our friend RJ's birthday. It was so much fun with yummy food and a great atmosphere.
Melia and Tyson loved throwing rocks in the creek.
Aww...first kiss. :)
Aren't they so cute together?
GRANDMA'S HOUSE
That counts as an outing, right? My kids love it with Grandma reads to them--or just tells them stories. She's a great story teller. She never actually reads the books, she just make up her own story using the pictures. :) That's what makes her so good at it!
THE BOUNTiFUL PARADE
Every year before Pioneer Day we go to the Bountiful Parade. It's such a fun tradition. This year was especially special because they a special tribute to the Army of Helaman with the 2000 Stripling Warriors. One Bountiful Stake's Newsletter read, prior to the event, The Bountiful Handcart Parade (Friday, 20 July) will make world history
when 2060 (or more) toga clad, stick stomping, unisonlike marching YM
between 12 and 23 will march 10 abreast down the Main street of
Bountiful, showing to the world (actual serious media coverage of this
event) what the power of the love of their mothers and their testimony
of the gospel can achieve!
(my nephew Michael is the one on the end of the second row back with sortof grayish sneakers)
It really was a remarkable sight bringing tears to our eyes as we watched these boys marching down the road and thinking back on the faith it must have taken for those young boys to fight for their families and for the faith of their mothers and fathers--those amazing mothers who taught their sons well and those fathers who kept the covenants they had made with the Lord.
It was so neat to see them marching up the street towards us from a far as they pounded their sticks on the ground. Then as hundreds upon hundreds of them passed by it was awesome to look up ahead of us and then to look behind us, and to only see warriors as far as we could see in both directions.
It was so neat to see them marching up the street towards us from a far as they pounded their sticks on the ground. Then as hundreds upon hundreds of them passed by it was awesome to look up ahead of us and then to look behind us, and to only see warriors as far as we could see in both directions.
Seeing this made me think back to my Stake Girl's Camp back in 2000 when we went to Piuta. We had a special song that one of the camp leaders, Lavonne Johnson, had made up for us. I loved it. I wish I could share the tune too, but the lyrics will have to do.
WARRIORS OF 2000
We are warriors of 2000,
Stripling warriors all are we.
Sons and daughters of the Promise
With a chosen destiny.
In this last dispensation,
We're the promised generation.
Sent to pave the way,
For the day.
For that wondrous day,
When Christ will come.


















1 comment:
You have lots of cute pictures. I liked the ones with the piglets but I also liked the one with Melia at the dentist. It looks like she was a good girl.
Post a Comment