In August we ran the Footsteps for Fertility 5k with Aubrey and Bryce and their kids and also Scott and Brittney. We were on "Team Allen" for Britt and Scott. They've been married for 9 years and have not been able to have any children. They adoption for a while but things kept falling through. The Footsteps for Fertility 5k provides the lucky winners with a free IVF fertility treatment and a few other winners get half of the treatment provided free, etc. Their names are put into a raffle--one entry for each person who joins to run on their team.
The kids were excited to be together...well...Jayda was hiding, but...whatever!
After going a while in the stroller, the kids wanted to run.
Melia and Jayda are so stinking cute together!
Mike caught up to us (okay, he lapped us...) and the girls were pretty excited. He ran with them for a minute.
The LOOOOVED crossing the finish line and insisted on doing it TWICE. :)
Love these two cute friends.
Here's my family at the race.
We took the kids to the playground to have some fun afterwards.
I love this picture of Mike pushing Melia on the swings.
She's a little climber. But she always gets up to the top and then doesn't know how to get down. Definitely reminds me of myself!!
Walking on the balance beam. I love those arms outstretched.
Lucky #429!
I tried to get a pic of Evera modeling his number but the crazy kiddo won't hold still! :)
At the end of the race, they announced the winners...and...(drumroll...) the winner is...TEAM ALLEN!
| Team Allen |
It was so exciting, and we were so happy for them. Britt could not stop crying and Scott couldn't stop smiling. It was so great and I am so glad we got to be a part of it. I love this picture of them when they were announced the winners, and I love Britt's mom on the right of the picture--she looks like she's crying, and so happy!
So Scott and Brittney did IVF back in December, and Britt is pregnant with a baby boy. Baby Blake is due in August! We're so excited for them and excited to meet baby Blake! Scott got a new job and they moved to Arizona a few months ago. We'll miss them but we're so happy for them.
I went to visit them and bring them lunch at their storage unit as they were packing up. Good luck in AZ and with the baby!!


















1 comment:
Thank you for being there for us. We couldn't of done it without help from family and friends. I still can't believe what a miracle this is in our lives. I can't wait to be a mom to this sweet baby Blake.
Post a Comment