This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Melia's First Haircut

In September I took Melia in to get her first haircut.  I LOOOVE Melia's hair.  I think it is so beautiful.  I love the colors, the texture, everything.  I know, a mother should never be jealous of her own child, but I'll admit it.  I am totally jealous of Melia's hair.  It's the perfect thickness and dries straight and beautiful yet holds curl nicely and I just love it.
Here's her hair before (it was all the way down to the top of her bum):


 I took her to get her hair cut by my best friend, Megan, at her salon.  Since I was 18, I haven't let anyone else cut my hair, and I wouldn't trust anyone else with Melia's hair either.  We surprised Meg at work--I made an appointment ahead of time and even put it under a secret name.  :)
 Ready to wash.
 Getting washed.
 Melia painted her own toenails for the occasion.  I rarely ever let her do it, but I did.  I love it.
 And we painted her fingernails too.
 Getting it cut!
 And getting a blowout.  :)


 I know, it's still way long, she did cut off 3 inches and now it's much more healthy and sleek!
 Melia absolutely ADORES Megan.
 Getting it curled.


 These are 2 of my favorite girls in the world!  :)
 And probably 2 of the most beautiful too.  Even when Melia decides to pout.  :)
Thanks Meg!  Now it's time to do it again (Melia's hair is even longer now, than when we got it cut)!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are lucky, Tyson has had a ton of haircuts and cries every single time. It's always a battle. Melia is darling.

wuxiheather said...

Maybe it's a boy thing. Evera cries EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. and he's had A LOT of haircuts. He screams hysterically and has even caused himself to throw up by crying so hard. (And that's always fun to clean up--pukey hair...) He hates haircuts.