This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, April 7, 2014

My BIG 2 Year Old!

 Evera turned 2 in September.  I can't believe my baby boy is 2!  We celebrated his birthday at my parents house because it was the same night as the premier of Dear Dumb Diary on the Hallmark Channel.  :)
 Ryan and Tony made Evera these adorable Dinosaur cupcakes.

 I SO wish this picture weren't blurry.  That's my crazy photo-bombing sister, Kristy.  She is famous for the photo-bomb!
 Aren't these so cute?!  They had these cute little heads, and the cupcake liners were adorable too with feet and tails.  Then the boys put these little triangular candies on the backs for the spine.  SO CUTE!
 When my dad pulled out The Birthday Bear, Evera was terrified.  I didn't really get a picture of it but in the below image, his face is turning dark red (which it does when he is terrified) and he is getting ready to run.
 We had to take the bear FAR FAR AWAY before he would get anywhere near Grandpa.
I love my birthday boy!
 He got a play camera from Melia (from the DI for $0.50!!  And he LOVES IT!)
 And a race car too (also from the DI for $0.50) and it drives too!
Now these next two pictures just crack me up.  My dad had the camera while we were opening presents with Evera.  My sisters, Kristy and Stephanie were talking and joking around with Tony and Ryan, and my sister Kim was totally irritated and trying to ignore them and paying EXTRA attention to Evera and oohing and ahhing at all the presents way more than is necessary--just trying to ignore Kristy and Stephanie.  Kristy's face here about killed me.  So random, so funny, and SO CANDID!  (I know, she'd DIE if she knew I posted this on the internet...but the likelihood that she'll ever read my blog is slim, so it's okay.)
 And then the look on Stephanie's face here is almost as good as the one of Kristy above!  Oh my gosh, so funny.  I am even laughing now as I write this.  (And the likelihood that Stephanie will read my blog is even slimmer, so it's all good!)
 After presents, it was time for cake.
 I tried to get Evera to blow out the candle, but as I neared him with the cake (and the lit flame) he, once again, was terrified.

 I tried to blow it out and show him it was okay, but he was having none of that and tried to get away, but was buckled into the seat, so he just ducked and screamed.  POOR KID!
 He was excited about the cupcakes.
 He thought they looked pretty awesome--but for some reason REFUSED to eat them!  I tried to tell him the little triangles were candy, but he still wouldn't have any of it.
 Here's Melia trying to tell him it's so yummy and pointing out the candies.
 And here she is trying to feed him one of the candies, but he was having none of it.
 So of course, being the good mother that I am, I tried to pin him down and force him to eat the cupcake.  Yeah...that didn't work either, but this picture kindof cracks me up--look at the determination on my face--OOH THE POOR KID!
Happy birthday to my crazy, stubborn, scaredy little daredevil!  I LOVE YOU LITTLE MAN!

No comments: